Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weird (sort of) question about ears...  (Read 68 times)

Offline Air Nomad

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Weird (sort of) question about ears...
« on: August 22, 2014, 01:26:45 PM »
So I woke up this morning and couldn't hear ANYTHING out of my right ear.  This wasn't that surprising b/c I was at the doctor a couple weeks ago and she mentioned I had some wax buildup and asked if I wanted to irrigate it.  At the time it wasn't bothering me so I said no.  -_-  Now I wish I had.

Anyway, so here's my question.  They irrigated both ears but now if sort of feels like the LEFT ear isn't hearing as well.  I mentioned this to them in the office but the nurse plus  another doctor confirmed it was completely clear and they could see to the back of my ear.  I do notice, however, that it seems my right ear (the one that was the problem initially) is hearing like super crazy good.  So is it possible that a.) I'm not used to hearing as well out of my right ear and it's creating an illusion of imbalance? or b.) I naturally hear better out of my right ear anyway but couldn't tell because of the wax buildup?

I know no one can answer this 100% but kinda need some reassurance and to bounce this off others, since it's kind of freaking me out a little to think something might have gone wrong in the left side or that something is wrong in general.
Bookmark and Share
Sokka: "Do you want me to be like you or be totally honest?"
Katara: "Are you saying I'm a liar?"
Sokka: "No, I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing really."
(This is me and my husband to a tee)

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weird (sort of) question about ears...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 01:56:18 PM »
So many things can subtly warp your hearing. Anxiety, sinus infection, and even changes in air pressure can do it. I don't think you have any cause for alarm. Were I in your position, I'd give it a week or so to see if anything changes. Any longer than that and you may wish to see a doctor.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: