Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: So, did i have a stroke?  (Read 153 times)

Offline Nicoline

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So, did i have a stroke?
« on: August 22, 2014, 01:17:27 PM »
I'm getting so tired of this sh*t!! Constantly worring!!

I was talking to a Guy, just normal talking about work when all of a sudden i couldnt speak normal. I really had to try! When i wanted to say 10 euro's i said 12 euro's. So weird!! Then my right eye because a sort of blurry! And my heart was racing.
I went for a walk and called my mom.. In fact i could speak normal again!

What the hell was this????!! Need help please..
Bookmark and Share

Offline fishmanpa

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: So, did i have a stroke?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 01:26:00 PM »
What the hell was this????!!

Racing heart, blurred vision, can't get the words out...Sounds like a panic attack.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline Nicoline

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 01:30:17 PM »
No it was more like i wanted to talk but i couldnt. I was stumbeling!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 01:35:29 PM »
how old are?  what actual risk factors do you have for stroke?

do I think you had a stroke?  no I don't. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Nicoline

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 01:36:57 PM »
I'm 24.. But it can happen to anyone right?
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 02:01:14 PM »
I'm 24.. But it can happen to anyone right?

that is how a HA person thinks.   "it can happen to anyone right?"

yes but strokes don't just happen.  There are risk factors.  One is age.  FEAR of them is not.

what are your legit  risk factors?    If you don't have any real risk factors, then you need to see this as much more likely  anxiety getting the better of you.  anxiety is a serious disorder

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Nicoline

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 04:18:55 PM »
I have no clue if i'm at risk! All i know is that i smoke so yes you could say that i'm at risk! A year ago i had the same freaky experiance, back then i thought of aura migraine because i was not paralyzed but on the other hand, i read that people who had a stroke did not had a body part paralyzed. Dont want to go to the docs of neurologist because all i hear is ANXIETY/STRESS. Whatever!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 05:23:14 PM »
I have no clue if i'm at risk! All i know is that i smoke so yes you could say that i'm at risk! A year ago i had the same freaky experiance, back then i thought of aura migraine because i was not paralyzed but on the other hand, i read that people who had a stroke did not had a body part paralyzed. Dont want to go to the docs of neurologist because all i hear is ANXIETY/STRESS. Whatever!

many anxious folks get aggravated when they are told it is anxiety/stress.  Perhaps they *want* it to be some scary ailment (well scary other than anxiety).  Or perhaps they don't think anxiety is serious enough to impact them physically.  OR perhaps they just don't understand how debilitating anxiety can be.  Maybe they just think anxiety is a weakness?   Whatever is at the core of their issue being told they have anxiety it is probably a variety of things.

SO

What do you want us to tell you?   Do you want us to tell you that your stroke fear is completely unfounded AND it is JUST anxiety? OR do you want us to tell you that  WOW those things can't possibly be a product of anxiety.  you should rush to the hospital and demand testing?   

Truth is your description of what happened is common with anxiety.  Your response to being told that is fairly common as well. 

What I do wonder is:  Why can't the things you feel be anxiety?  Why do you think your anxiety attack was something like a stroke without risk factors?  Thus far you haven't convinced me you are at risk.  I read your post and ask why would a 24yr old (posting on an anxiety forum) have a stroke?  What are the compelling risk factors?     I mean many millions of 24 yr olds smoke.  How many are falling over and stroking?  My point is:  I still don't see how what happened to you would indicate a stroke over that of the overwhelmingly more likely cause which is: anxiety/stress.

respectfully---  your responses to my questions thus far seem a bit defensive, tbh.   I am sure you are scared and all, but realize I ask these things because  1. I used to feel like you, in many ways.  2. I have been here 5+ years and I've seen how anxiety plays out over and over again with many peeps.  3.  I continue posting on this site with the goal of getting people with anxiety disorders to take a breath and see how anxiety is affecting them.    Again respectfully, your post and symptoms are very typical of how anxiety behaves.

If you are unaware of how anxiety manifests itself in people, click my username.  it will take you to my profile.  I have 4 links.  the 3rd link is a list of common anxiety symptoms.  the other 3 are are links of how, over the years, I have come to understand how anxiety works in a person.  I am not an anxiety guru, but, again, I've been through this stuff and I've been a member here 5+ years and I have pretty much heard it all.

Good luck and be well.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Nicoline

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 05:28:56 PM »

Offcourse i'm so very sorry if i affendend you. That was never my intention.

Thanks for you respons, you r a anxiety Hero!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: Stroke