Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Night time panic becoming worse.  (Read 88 times)

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Night time panic becoming worse.
« on: August 22, 2014, 09:37:50 AM »
I'm very afraid my Health anxiety is turning into panic disorder. I have been having frequent nocturnal panic issues. Some have been full blown attacks where others have been minor. Every attack consists of shortness of breath. Last night I was having racing thoughts about ALS. It was like I could not control my thinking. It went from me fearing ALS to me thinking about ALS victims then back to me worrying I could get ALS then I started fearing cancer and even a heart issue I read about on another social media site I am on. The lady is suffering from bradycardia in her sleep and is seeing cardio doctors. This is a healthy young women with no anxiety. I was having trouble catching my breath and I had to get up to have a bowel movement at midnight (so sorry for tmi but panic always stimulates me to go)
I was able to distract my thoughts and I finally feel asleep. But it's like I need to delete all social media because something will stimulate my panic. What's weird is it doesn't while reading about it during the day. It's always at night either while falling asleep or I will wake from sleep (short time after falling asleep) I am starting to fear sleep. Also I have no fear of ALS or cardio issues but since ALS has been everywhere lately I can control my thoughts over it. I still don't really fear it but I find myself thinking what if I'm the next victim and it doesn't help I am following a 42 year old women on ***** that lives in my town who has ALS.
Bookmark and Share

Offline potternut

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
Re: Night time panic becoming worse.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 09:59:29 AM »
Following people and/or news stories that you know very well you **shouldn't** is only feeding the HA beast.  Stop it!  This is part of your OCD behavior...are you taking an anti-depressant?
Bookmark and Share
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 12:41:19 PM »
I really feel like I need to leave all social media with the exception of this site because something is always a trigger to me. For example I have NEVER feared ALS and now it's creeping into my mind. I don't know why the panic is starting though. That's is all new to me. I am constantly thinking about my health (that is my OCD behavior) and I mean constantly. It doesn't stop. I am not on meds. I was put on 25mg of Zoloft by my GP in April and I took it for 2 days and felt like a zombie and then woke up at 1am with the WORST panic attack of my life. My first night attack. I mean I almost wanted to ***** during that attack because it was so intense and very neurological. Like I almost didn't feel like the world was real. It was very scary and intense and I never took a Zoloft after that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 19
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 01:15:46 PM »
FWIW - my two cents...

Just from my experience with "nocturnal Panic Attacks". - I had them pretty bad in my mid 20's .

I can tell you are sensitive to medication like I am  ::)

By your story on the 25 mg of Zoloft.....

For my "nocturnal Panic Attacks" or "Night Terrors"as they were called back in the early 1980's...

The #1 medication that my doctor put on was a low night time dosage of Diazepam - which is the mildest long half-life BDZ  - That will remain in your body while u sleep to stop these night panic attacks.

I told my Dr. I was very sensitive to any kind of meds.  My dr. Assured me that he could start me at the lowest dose and increase it until I would feel the results.

Diazepam is no longer used that often in the U.S. for regular Panic Disorder - since Klonopin is much more potent than diazepam.    But Diazepam is still the preferred choice for night panic attacks and improvement of sleep.

Hope u feel better :action-smiley-065:

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Tags: