Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Derealization help  (Read 65 times)

Offline will402

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Derealization help
« on: August 22, 2014, 09:00:05 AM »
Hi gang. Sorry I'm back with more questions.

So it's three and a half weeks and my derealization is feeling really intense right now. I started taking celexa for pretty much derealization reasons as it came on after a week of intense panic. So I assumed it was an anxiety related thing.

So I'm taking it for derealization yet it's making it worse. I don't know what to do about it really. I was it more control at the beginning. Any tips and ideas? The pills Havnt kicked in yet which is normal. It's just I'm worried I I'll be in a much deeper derealization state

Will
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Derealization help
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 09:34:44 AM »
The medication is not making it worse. Medication does not fix that side of anxiety. There is no miracle cure for that side of things. I used to have it years ago. I could go out, come home, go to my room, come back down the stairs and say I was off out to the place I had been earlier. I would have no memory of ever been out at all. As time went on it simply vanished. I got so used to it that it didn't frighten me any longer. I just accepted it as part of the anxiety. But medication never helped it or made it worse. It is one of those things you have to try and snap back out of. Elastic bands on the wrists work for some. Lose ones. Never tight ones. We don't want to stop the blood flow. You feel yourself drifting, let it sling. Most times a start like that will bring you back to your senses. Or any other form of distraction. Just to stop yourself focusing inwardly.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: