Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: embarrassed but really need advice  (Read 151 times)

Offline ProudMommyto3

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
embarrassed but really need advice
« on: August 22, 2014, 07:17:03 AM »
Hi this subject is embarrassing for me but if anyone has or had the same experience I'd appreciate some advice as I won't get to add my doc for a couple more days..Recently I've started to constantly feel like I need to have a b/m I have a lot of pressure a d when I go there is nothing there and for about an hour afterwards I feel really tender and have to lie on my side as I can't sit...I have a colonoscopy last year for abdominal pains & I was diagnosed with ibs also I have had an abdominal scan & x-Ray and have been told its just ibs & acid reflux... This new problem has me really worried & I'm kinda scared to go to the doc for fear its the big "C" :-( I'd appreciate any advice
Bookmark and Share
Fear..It's just a feeling and we can get over it

Online patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: embarrassed but really need advice
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 09:59:37 AM »
Well, if you had the tests last year you're fine and its probably just your IBS.

On a different note - don't be afraid to go to the doctor because you're worried what they might find.  The worst thing your doctor can say to you isn't "I'm sorry but you have such and such disease".  The worst thing your doctor can say is "I'm sorry but you have such and such disease but if we had only known sooner, we could have helped you."
Bookmark and Share

Offline potternut

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
Re: embarrassed but really need advice
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 10:04:03 AM »
I just read about an interesting research study that followed lots of people who had had clear colonoscopies.  5 years later, not one of them had developed cancer.  Not ONE!  The researchers were very convinced that a clear colonoscopy means **NO** cancer for at least 5 years.

If you don't believe me, here's the article...

http://www.webmd.com/colorectal-cancer/news/20080917/clean-colonoscopy-tiny-5-year-risk

Bookmark and Share
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Tags: