Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hello everyone.  (Read 128 times)

Offline Colie2

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello everyone.
« on: August 22, 2014, 03:47:51 AM »
I am a 29 year old female, who has suffered from
Anxiety on and off for quite sometime. I found this site and it has been helpful to see thst I'm not alone. I have come a long way with my anxiety. I used to not be able to get out of my car to go to class. I went from being terrified of school to getting my master's in May. Unfortunately in Janurary I began having so many wired sensations and they haven't gone away. I have tingling, twitching, buzzing, and zaps throught the day. I was getting relief and I was able to tell myself I was ok and was anxious, but over the last few days my symptoms have become more intense and I'm back to not believing anxiety is causing this. I want my life back.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello everyone.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 09:27:16 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 01:49:21 PM »
Hi Colie,
 Anxiety just loves to rear its ugly head at any time and then we start to think the worse again and then the body symptoms start all over and scare us into believing it is something more but it usually is the Anxiety just popping back up so use the skills you did before and face the fears and body symptoms , don't allow fear to take back over you can beat it back down.

Congrats on the Masters!! All the symptoms you typed about are very common with anxiety.

Maybe you are having some excitement which can cause some anxiety about your new Masters and other things changing in your life? Hang in there it will get better again Keep fighting !

Peace
Tye
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Offline crickles80

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 03:56:00 PM »
 Congrats on getting your Master's Degree! This is a huge deal and especially when battling an anxiety disorder!!

I'm sorry that you are experiencing symptoms again. I, too, am in your shoes. I had a severe bout with postpartum anxiety over two years ago - in January of 2012 - after the birth of my 3rd child and I haven't quite been the same since. I did get over that terrible spell and back to my old self within about 4 months but it seems that I'm now much more prone to anxiety and its ugly symptoms. They've reared their head again in the past three weeks and I'm trying my hardest to not let it get me down like it did the first time it hit me.
 I'm having the exact same symptoms as you, plus the tense neck and shoulders and the off balance, kinda dizzy feeling - which is driving me bonkers!
 Here's to hoping that we both are feeling better soon!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Colie2

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 10:04:04 PM »
Thnk you for your reply. I feel terrible today and broke down in tears. My daughter is 2 and I'm
Wondering if this all started bc of the extreme lack of sleep I had until 4 months age . I think my body had wnogh and these are the symptoms I got. I hope you feel better soon as well. Have you taken any meds that have helped? If my blood tests come back clear I think I'm
going to try cymbalta.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crickles80

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 01:18:33 AM »
To answer your question: I took Zoloft for a year when I had my first bout with severe anxiety and it did help me quit being anxious after a while which led to my physical symptoms all going away. I weaned off the Zoloft in 2013 and was hoping not to have to take meds again.  :traurig001: I started St. John's Wort almost two weeks ago . My sister in law took that for her PPA/PPD and swears by it so I thought I'd give it a try. It has seemed to take the edge off my anxiety but it's far from gone. I'm going to give the supplement a few more weeks and if I'm not better, I'm going back to the doc and will prolly ask him to run more tests on me (naturally .. LoL) and then get back on an SSRI if I have to.
 I've heard good things about the Cymbalta so I'm sure that will help you if you decide to take it. I think the SSRI's calm us down to the point that our bodies can recover from being in a heightened, anxious state which switches off her flight or fight response which in turn makes us feel better all the way around. It's definitely worth a try if your anxiety continues to plague you.
 You can pm me on here anytime you need someone to talk to!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: