Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weird head sensations  (Read 149 times)

Offline Kabest

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Weird head sensations
« on: August 21, 2014, 11:54:44 PM »
Hi,
I'm in the process of recovering from a bout of anxiety that started about two months ago. I was having lots of weird physical sensations at different times, like tingling in different parts of my body, chills, numbness, limbs falling asleep easily, as well as shaking and random twitching. I finally convinced myself that all of this was probably anxiety-related and it has all gradually subsided. However, I still feel this sensation of pressure in my head sporadically, most often in the late morning or early afternoon. Sometimes it feels like someone pressing on or squeezing my forehead, and at other times it feels kind of like sinus pressure or just like there's something "off" in the front of my forehead. I've read about this being anxiety related, but I haven't been feeling all that anxious for the last few weeks and it hasn't gone away. I have been thinking about it more the last couple days because it occurred to me that it seems weird it hasn't gone away even though the anxiety is basically gone. How long can these physical symptoms persist? Can they keep going even if you're feeling better psychologically?  I'm planning to go to a doctor when I can, but my work schedule is insane for the next couple weeks so I won't be able to get in for a while.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ckelley116

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weird head sensations
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 06:40:45 AM »
I've got this too. It's awful, isn't it? Mine is more over the crown of my head, sometimes radiating into my forehead or temples. It's there pretty much non-stop. I feel okay in the morning, when I first wake up, but after about an hour it's there and stays, in varying degrees of intensity, basically until I fall asleep at night. I do have random, sporadic "good days" - this past Tuesday was one, where I felt great, closer to normal than I have in weeks. But those good days are few and far between anymore.

I can't see my doctor until September 3, but of course my mind is screaming "Brain tumor! Brain tumor!" despite the fact that the symptoms come and go and I have no other issues (aside from perceived weakness in my limbs, and my vision feels "off" though I can't specifically say what's wrong with it) and that everyone here with brain tumor experience has told me that all of my symptoms can be explained by anxiety. Personally a tiny part of me thinks it might be a result my bad posture. At my day job I spend 8.5 hours a day in front of a computer, more than an hour in the car commuting back and forth, and I'm also a novelist in my off time so I sit at a computer a lot at home too. It does feel better for a few minutes after I stretch my neck muscles. But that small part that wants to be rational is always drowned out by the much bigger part that wants me to have a tumor.

How's your posture? Do you have sinus issues or allergies? And I've read that physical symptoms can last for weeks, even months, post-anxiety...it takes that long for your body to go to a less reactive state. It stinks. I wholeheartedly sympathize with you!
Bookmark and Share
"Fate only takes you so far. Once you're there, it's up to you to make it happen."

Online Chloe1990

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 06:51:04 AM »
Hi kabest. I've had all these symptoms lately too. Did you suffer with feeling foggy headed as well? Almost lightheaded but not fainting or anything like that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 07:01:29 AM »
You don't have to feel anxious for symptoms to occur.  That is the biggest mistake people make in their thinking.   After you mentally calm down your body still has a mind of its own.  Same with a stressful situation that one goes through.   When it is all over and they try to relax THAT is when everything kicks in.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kabest

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 12:22:30 PM »
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the responses.

I do sometimes feel lightheaded or dizzy. I have pretty good posture and I don't sit around much at my job, but I do often have pretty bad upper back and shoulder tension. I think it's possible I might have some sinus problem as I've been getting some drainage into the back of my throat. I've also been pretty stressed recently, although as I said I wouldn't describe it as anxious for the most part.

Anyway, thanks again, it helps to hear these things.
Bookmark and Share

Offline yesyesno

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 04:52:30 PM »
Wow.  I have the exact same symptoms as you.  Most have subsided.  I'm down to a weird tingling on the left side of my head, twitching all over my body, and a bad taste in my mouth that comes and goes.  The pins and needles, tingling, shaking, and head pressure have left, although once in a while I may feel one or the other. I am hoping the sheer randomness and sporadicness of it all means I am ok, or at least not too unwell. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: