Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feeling really weird. Can't sleep.  (Read 87 times)

Offline Raaawr

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feeling really weird. Can't sleep.
« on: August 21, 2014, 10:52:28 PM »
Feeling really weird since I went to bed 4 hours ago. Haven't been able to sleep at all!

First is the weird feeling in my lower abdomen below my belly button. It almost feels cramped and it's painful. I pooped before bed so it's not constipation.

Then there's the weird feelings in my chest.
- first is the pain. It feels heavy. Mainly at the bottom of my rib cage. It's surely too low to be heart related by I'm worried it's a lung problem.
- second is the weird twitching feeling I seem to be getting in my chest. I wonder if it could be my heart beat but I really have no clue.

Then there's the burning at the back of my throat. Like my throat feels dry and rough.

Altogether. Meaning I am lying here wondering if there is something wrong with me. Causing me more and more anxiety. It's not even a particular issue it's just the unknown now that I'm going o die in my sleep.
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Online marie204430

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling really weird. Can't sleep.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 10:56:02 PM »
Burning at back of the throat can be acid reflux which particularly flares up when lying down at light time. I've had it really bad before where the pain and feeling kept me awake and made me cry. To avoid that, don't eat right before bed. But it could also be anxiety.
To me, your other two symptoms seem solely like anxiety as well. The feeling in your chest can also be anxiety (acid reflux gives a lot of weird symptoms in the stomach, chest, throat, mouth etc).

Hope you feel better. I'm going through a rough time right now as well so I know how it is to have one symptom after another ugh
Bookmark and Share

Offline Raaawr

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 10:59:45 PM »
This whole acid reflux thing I don't buy into it. I say symptoms to doctors and thy say it's probably acid reflux. Which would be absolutely fine and I could wholeheartedly agree with them except I am 26 years old and I have never even had heart burn. Why all of a sudden now am I supposed to have acid reflux when I never had my entire life.
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Online marie204430

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 11:03:28 PM »
Anxiety can bring it on for sure, I've heard this in many cases. Mine tends to flare up with anxiety and I get more symptoms than I usually have.
Also, I rarely experience chest pain with acid reflux and many people don't either. I understand your suspicion but I genuinely have felt it come on randomly when I am anxious after not feeling it for years or months at a time. Are you in your 20s? I doubt that would be too late to develop it. Plus, remember anxiety makes us bring more attention to bodily sensations than normal people or when we are in a non-anxiety state.
Hypochondria makes us hyper aware of every sensation in our body and doctors have told me we will always have these sorts of pains and aches sometimes sand they are almost always benign and just a regular thing.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: