Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Very very scared that I have breast cancer  (Read 478 times)

Offline mct425

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Very very scared that I have breast cancer
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 03:23:53 PM »
Aww-I understand that fear as I'm going through it too :(

I've found that google does nothing but make my fear worse.  There are  stories out there of people who have "normal" scans and then end up with stage IV something or other.  They scare me, too. BUT...if you were to count up how many of those stories there are, and compare it with the number of people whose normal scans are truly normal, I bet you would find that it is rare to miss something like bc.

Stay off google-especially websites like you mentioned.  Those are frightening places to go, and don't do anything to help you out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Very very scared that I have breast cancer
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 06:58:06 PM »
I keep holding onto the words "not suspicious" and praying a lot.   I have a deep faith in God and ashamed of being so scared.   

I will die of fright if I have cancer.    How do I stop making myself ill over this?  I already have a therapist I am seeing.

You have fear....a lot of people who don't even have anxiety may feel that in this situation. The anxiety on top of it makes it even more fearful. But please don't feel shame. Spiritual people are still prone to the same struggles as those without. It doesn't make you any less faithful. I get into the trap of feeling shame sometimes and all it does it try to pull us back into the cycle. Say your prayers, accept your fears. And be well---or at least be comforted in your struggles.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: