Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Movie Scenes?  (Read 105 times)

Offline C0nfuzzled

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Movie Scenes?
« on: August 21, 2014, 07:22:26 PM »
Hi everyone idk if this is a stupid phobia but u guys are amazing people and have kinda gotten me over my last couple phobias (havent come back yet) and then theres this one ive had it since i was young every time i sense someone being shot or killed i leave. Like the graphic shot doesnt scare me just the instant turn around 1 shot to the head or like the vicious stabs can anyone help me with it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Movie Scenes?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 07:30:39 PM »
Well, personally, I find these types of movie scenes awful and I don't watch them . . . I would like to think that it is because I value life and living and even though it is just a movie, the message that it sends is so very negative to me that I avoid them . . .so, either you and I both share the same phobia or you and I are both very much vested in the positive representation of living . . . . which I think is great! KC
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mairi

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 09:36:19 PM »
I'm like this, too. I can't stand really gory scenes in movies, or scenes where people die. I'll leave an impression on my mind for hours or even days and starts up old fears about related issues. I sometimes even have nightmares from watching movies like that. My advise to you: Don't watch 'em. You know it'll affect you negatively. It doesn't matter if other people think you're a 'fraidy cat (which you aren't). Do what's best for you because that is most important.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TroubledSaint

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 10:18:54 AM »
I to have this problem. Can't watch horror movies or anything like that. Really leaves a mark on me. My mates don't understand, as they love these types of films.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: