Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Heart anxiety back.  (Read 99 times)

Offline Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Heart anxiety back.
« on: August 21, 2014, 04:37:42 PM »
Well I had been doing pretty good with my anxiety for a few months. Last Friday I gave birth to my second son. My first son is 18 months old. I was feeling overwhelmed but not anxious, but today my husband returned to work. I had been worried about this, worried about taking care of both babies, especially since the newborn is constantly nursing and we're having problems with latching, and the 18 month old is into everything. Anyway for the first time yesterday I started having my heart symptoms. Arm pain. Jaw pain. Chest pain. I tried to ignore it but now that my husband is at work I'm doubting myself and worried about dying while watching the two boys. I picture them both screaming for hours until my husband gets home at midnight. And most of me knows it's ridiculous but I know how it gets ahold of me and that it's only downhill. Now whenever I get out of bed I feel a tightness in my jaw and pressure in my chest. I don't want to go down this road again. I'm not freaked out yet, but I inow in time that I will be as the anxiety takes over my life.
Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Heart anxiety back.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 04:57:32 PM »
Congratulations on the new baby! That's awesome! :)

What you describe is quite a common anxiety symptom. I'm sure you know that. It's not unusual to be having some symptoms, especially in light of the stresses involved with a new arrival and an 18 month old running around. I'm sure there's some sleep deprivation going on too and that doesn't help. I don't know your history but reflux can cause chest pain too (raises hand). What did you do before to quell the symptoms and stress? Do you have any CBT or relaxation techniques to employ? Based on the fact that you have a new baby, I take it you're relatively young so real heart problems would be unlikely.

Congrats again and I hope you feel better.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 05:04:40 PM »
Unfortunately complete distraction is the only thing that has ever helped me. And that's hard when I'm stuck at home caring for two young babies for 12 hour stretches at a time. Until yesterday when my husband said they asked him to work today I was doing well and worried about normal things. I was worried about how to keep the 18 month old out of trouble while nursing the newborn, and whether or not I'd be able to get two of them sleeping at the same time so I could take a nap. But then my arm started hurting and the cycle began.
Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 06:26:34 PM »
You would thing that a newborn and an 18 month old would be complete and utter distraction to be honest ;)

Hope you feel better

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Tags: