Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New member: tingling and twitching for 7 months  (Read 198 times)

Offline Colie2

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New member: tingling and twitching for 7 months
« on: August 20, 2014, 11:49:16 PM »
Hello, I've been reading posts for a while and found comfort in people that have similar symptoms caused by anxiety. I began having tingling and twitching 7 months ago. It started with a 6 week long eye twitch and then spread throughout my body. I would also wake up with a numb hand and occasional foot but the numbness has subsided now. I was feeling better and my symptoms were less frequent and intense. Three days ago I had a flare up and two new symptoms arose, a feeling of chills on my head and sometimes face and also a feeling of vibration throughout my while body while laying in bed at night. I've at a ct scan and blood work already. Neurologist says it's anxiety so I try to believe him and read " hope and help for your nerves" which helped, but now I feel like I'm back to square one. I called my nuero and am going in next week for blood tests. Last time my thyroid was slightly low but other than that everything was normal. I'm so scared that I'm never going to feel normal again. Thanks for reading.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mprowland

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New member: tingling and twitching for 7 months
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 08:59:22 PM »
I've had random twitches daily now for over a year and a half.  My eye has literally twitched for over a year now.  I've had Botox injected twice to stop it.  I've had the random tingling,numbness and buzzing as well.  I've had all the blood tests several times, seen my doctor(or doctors in his practice) over 10 times in the past year and I saw a neurologist last week.  They ALL have said the same thing; anxiety.  I (and probably many others) have a hard time or cannot grasp that anxiety can do such PHYSICAL things especially when we aren't "actively" anxious.  Anxiety can lie at a subconscious level.  I'm finally starting to believe it.  The quicker you become less hyper focused on your twitching, the quicker you'll forget about them. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Colie2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New member: tingling and twitching for 7 months
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 03:37:02 AM »
Thank you for your reply. I really tried to not focus on it, and that definitely helped, it's just hard with this recent flare up.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: