Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Eh my temperature readings are low?  (Read 169 times)

Offline Raaawr

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Eh my temperature readings are low?
« on: August 20, 2014, 10:24:59 PM »
So I decided to take my temperature. No idea why.

Anyway, first reading I got was 96.8, second reading was 96.5, third was 96.0 and fourth 96.2.

Should I be concerned?

Edit: Actually I know why. My lower abdomen felt cramped and full so I was worried about an infection. Fifth reading was 97.3.
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Eh my temperature readings are low?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 06:09:40 AM »
An infection usually causes a high temp, not low.
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 98
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 11:20:23 AM »
I'd say stop taking your temperature. Monitoring ALWAYS leads to an increase in anxiety. Even in this situation it happened—you took it "you don't know why," and as you kept taking it, you noticed a downward trend and all of a sudden you got concerned. If you had started taking it at all, you wouldn't now be worried about it.

In this fight against HA, we are our best and first line of defense—it's hard, but we must start helping ourselves out by putting a brake on self-sabotaging behaviors.

Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline Raaawr

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 12:17:24 PM »
I'd say stop taking your temperature. Monitoring ALWAYS leads to an increase in anxiety. Even in this situation it happened—you took it "you don't know why," and as you kept taking it, you noticed a downward trend and all of a sudden you got concerned. If you had started taking it at all, you wouldn't now be worried about it.

In this fight against HA, we are our best and first line of defense—it's hard, but we must start helping ourselves out by putting a brake on self-sabotaging behaviors.

I just assumed it was a crappy thermometer and went to bed. I was just wondering why it could be low, not that I was fearing imminent fatality but yeah even taking it in the first place was silly of me.
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline Blondie1984

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 01:14:13 PM »
My body temp is normally 97.4.

If you were drinking or eating prior to taking your temp, that can cause it to read a weird temp. And getting worked up makes you breathe more rapidly, which can alter the temp too.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: