Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: So, it's about my mom  (Read 80 times)

Offline lscotty1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So, it's about my mom
« on: August 20, 2014, 08:50:21 PM »
So my mom went to the doc and got some troubling news. Basically, she could have anything from diabetes to colitis to liver disease to cancer. We don't know, but the doc seems concerned and is sending her out for testing. I am trying to not completely freak out. Please help me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Raaawr

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: So, it's about my mom
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 08:59:35 PM »
So my mom went to the doc and got some troubling news. Basically, she could have anything from diabetes to colitis to liver disease to cancer. We don't know, but the doc seems concerned and is sending her out for testing. I am trying to not completely freak out. Please help me.

Really sorry you had to get that news. Theres not alot I can say. Theres not alot you can do either except try not to worry which I know is a ridiculous concept. The Doctor being concerned does not necessarily meant the worst. It means he is taking the necessary precautions so he can find out what treatment is required. All I can say is try not to worry until the results come back, nothing is confirmed yet.
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: So, it's about my mom
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 09:31:44 PM »
I'm really sorry to hear that.  I think we've all been in that situation a number of times, waiting on tests for loved ones. 

It could be a number of things, but ultimately, it is what it is, and worrying won't change it.  Is your mom worried?  If so, see what you can do to help her deal with the waiting.  If not, try to follow her lead. 

Believe me, I get it.  I panic every time my mom has her physical.  Good luck and try to stay distracted.  It helps me a lot.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: