Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Ok freaking out now.. salivary gland vs lymph node?  (Read 314 times)

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ok freaking out now.. salivary gland vs lymph node?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2014, 03:12:55 AM »
Marie. Stop.

Are we even getting through to you anymore? You don't seem to be able to hear us.

I've noticed that every day lately you have panicked over an issue. then at the end of every day when you've calmed down some you realise that you're ok. You say that you know this constant prodding and self checking isn't helping and that you think you're ok now.

But then every day you allow the anxiety to creep in to the point where you forget everything you learned the day before and let the panic creep in and take over agin.

Maybe meditation would help you until you get the chance to see a therapist?

What do you do for fun? Do you have any hobbies?
Bookmark and Share

Offline marie204430

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2014, 03:13:53 PM »
Lately, I"m not in a constant state of anxiety (by that I mean the last 2-3 days). But I have pockets of time, maybe an hour or two at a time, where I have these irrational thoughts, worries and jump to a million conclusions, which you can see in this thread.
i have stopped self checking, I hope I can stop.
I'm going to try meditation but I am still upset I can't see a therapist for over a year...ugh. Ridiculous.

Right now, nope. I just sit at home all day bracing myself for anxiety or actually having an anxiety attack :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2014, 03:25:55 AM »
I think it would really help you of you found something you were interested in that takes your mind off your health.

It could be something you've always wanted to learn or try. Like another language etc but the idea is that it gives you something else to do besides dwell on your health.

I took up a musical instrument I have always wanted to learn. When the thoughts come about my health. I kind of stop myself and change them to thoughts about how to improve my music. It's a long process. It's taken years for my wires to get crossed and it will take years to fix my faulty thinking. But it definitely helps.

I highly recommend it.

If you have nothing to occupy you - of course you're going to think in loops about your health. It's what your brain is used to :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: