Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: back pain/spasms and cancer fears  (Read 142 times)

Offline benalex

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
back pain/spasms and cancer fears
« on: August 20, 2014, 06:19:20 PM »
just went through a rough period of anxiety that lasted about three weeks.  worst it has been in a while.  one of my main problems when my anxiety is high is muscle pain/weakness.  normally i accept that this is part of my "anxiety profile."  however, for the past two weeks i am having pain down spine and lower back.  also can feel spasms.  my massage therapist stated that one of my muscles in the back was inflammed and my chiropractic doctor also agreed that back muscles were very stiff.  some days the pain is almost gone and then flares up.  concerned that this is some type of cancer. had inflammation of the prostate a couple of months ago that was treated with cipro and it cleared up.  concerned that prostate issue was cancer and has spread to back.  my doctor ( who i do trust and is very understanding of my anxiety ) stated that i was a little too young for BPH ( enlarged prostate ).  i am 48.  he did not do any prostate exam or blood work.  going for another massage on Thursday to see if that helps.  anyone have a similar experience. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 223
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: back pain/spasms and cancer fears
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 08:14:08 PM »
I do believe you are jumping to some illogical conclusions.   :yes:   this all sounds like typical muscle issues.

I do know something about prostate issues due to my hubs.. what I do know is that ONLY advanced prostate cancer causes back pain.  this is directly from the doctor who sees my hubs about his prostate issues.  If your back pain was associated with prostate cancer, you would have had significant issues long before back pain.

SO do yourself a huge favor and unload the idea of your back pain being evidence of prostate cancer.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline benalex

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: back pain/spasms and cancer fears
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 09:36:37 PM »
thanks sixpack.  went for my massage and therapist confirmed that back muscles were extremely tight. massage has really helped.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: