Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hi new to the forum  (Read 87 times)

Offline tinymonkey

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi new to the forum
« on: August 20, 2014, 04:02:28 PM »
Hi I am here to see what others have done about their panic attacks. I have had panic disorder since I was 10 years old. I went to a CBT therapist for 4 years and overcame many of my attacks. I have been having panic again everyday after about a 6 year panic free life. This time the panic is coming everyday with gagging and dry heaving. I would love to meet others who have conquered their panic.
Thanks so much for reading. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi new to the forum
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 04:54:22 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline tinymonkey

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 10:50:44 AM »
Thank you for the welcome and the help. I look forward to meeting others like me so I don't feel so alone.
Bookmark and Share

Online TyeDyedButterfly

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 01:44:12 PM »
Hi tinymonkey,

As you read over the forums you see so many more people like you we are all here for the same reasons for the most part.

I suffer from Panic and Anxiety also a lot more and I go through stages where I will gag and dry heave and sometimes vomit which I hate but nothing like when I first started out for me I do a lot of self talk and distraction.

This site has helped me see I am not alone and reading everyone's post also chat I go and watch I do talk sometimes but I try to just observe and know I am not alone and many are in different places but still understand where as most people we deal with in our lives don't understand.

Maybe you need to go back to CBT Therapy I know I want to try the CBT Therapy but the therapist where I am from are not that great I have tried so I am searching but I may have to travel pretty far and I am agoraphobic so that makes it hard.

You will overcome this again okay try and remember those days when you weren't anxious or panicky.
Peace
Tye :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)