Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Bitter taste in mouth  (Read 89 times)

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Bitter taste in mouth
« on: August 20, 2014, 03:47:55 PM »
So all day i've had a bitter taste in my mouth and I didn't enjoy my dinner as it just tasted bitter. I am trying not to worry about every single little silly thing but this HA is taking over everything! I never used to be like this, I used to be quite normal and not worry when I had a headache/tummy ache/sore throat etc etc...I have what feels like brain fog this evening, I feel drunk and just a bit strange. My headache has gone this evening for once but I just don't feel right. I feel odd when I move around, like dizzy and disorientated. I did have a mucocele in my sinus but was told it wasn't major and wouldn't cause symptoms and my headaches are always at back of head so that makes no sense!!

Why is life so unfair? I have nothing to worry about but I am not enjoying life at all and I hate being so unhappy. I am starting to think maybe some medication might help me relax and enjoy life but I am scared of side effects causing yet more worry. It's a vicious circle. Looking for reassurance :-(
Bookmark and Share

Online marie204430

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bitter taste in mouth
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 03:51:51 PM »
I'm the same as you. Ever since my hypochondria has come on in full force, I've been afraid to live life and always find something to worry about. I am also scared of medication so I have been hesitant to take what was prescribed to me.

I've had a bitter or sour taste in my mouth before and it turned out to be acid reflux which is nothing to worry about at all. That's what it seems like to me honestly and I don't think it could be anything bad.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bocephus

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 08:03:17 PM »
By chance did you eat pine nuts or anything with pine nuts in it recently?  I got a strange bitter taste in my mouth for about 1 week and it turns out it was a mysterious phenomenon called 'pine mouth' which some people get from eating certain pine nuts..  It sounds crazy but it's a real thing..
Bookmark and Share

Offline Raaawr

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 08:06:33 PM »
By chance did you eat pine nuts or anything with pine nuts in it recently?  I got a strange bitter taste in my mouth for about 1 week and it turns out it was a mysterious phenomenon called 'pine mouth' which some people get from eating certain pine nuts..  It sounds crazy but it's a real thing..

The things you learn on these forums hahaha
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 09:36:20 PM »
Are you taking any medications right now?  Are you using mouthwash?  Both of those things can make stuff taste weird.  (I forget the name of the mouthwash I used - it was the only alcohol-free one I could find; might have been Crest - and it literally killed my sense of taste for 12-24 hours after use.  I could taste nothing; it was like having a mitten on my tongue!  I eventually gave up on using it because that got so irritating.  Also a bunch of reviews on amazon mentioned it turning peoples' teeth brown.  Overall I'd say I got the less awful side effect there!) 

Also, hormonal fluctuations can cause changes in taste and smell. 
Bookmark and Share

Online patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 06:10:37 AM »
This is also pretty common with seasonal allergies
Bookmark and Share

Tags: