Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: It is not knowing that really kills me  (Read 250 times)

Offline Diabon

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
It is not knowing that really kills me
« on: August 20, 2014, 10:42:59 AM »
Hello everyone, let me just say first I think this is great - to have a place where people with the same issue can come together and talk.

I am 20 years old, I did some stupid things when I was younger, I smoked a lot of cigarettes, I used different drugs (designer drugs as well) and even became addicted to Benzodiazepams (Xanax and Valium) for almost 5 years.  In September it will be two years since I am clean off drugs and cigarettes (I did smoke cannabis a few times, but nothing more not even alcohol). I have been having during these whole two years symptoms that resemble cardiac problems, and have been told by doctors that it is all down to anxiety. When I first went to the doctor he gave me an ECG and blood tests, all came back normal, since then some days are better than others but moments like now were I feel every single cardiac symptom possible and more even. I am here because I want to know I need to find another doctor fast or if these things REALLY ARE just truly down to anxiety (if that becomes the case then the mind is MESSED UP) I have pain in my chest, left arm pit area, down my left leg down to my feet, sometimes going to the other leg, pain on mostly my left arm but also my right, my back hurst, the left side of my neck and the left side of my head like as if there is something wrong with my arteries. The pain I feel is strong! These are not pins and needles, this hurts! Has anyone else every had things like this? By the way I know these pains are connected because for example, if I feel pain on my thigh (inner) as a 6/10 for example, I will then for sure feel a 6/10 pain coming on my left arm pit, inner left upper arm area, and then throughout the rest of the body, please I am so scared, the doctor will see me again in 1 weeks time.

Thank you so much in advance.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nomoretears

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: It is not knowing that really kills me
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 02:43:30 AM »
If the Dr checked you out, and it came out fine, then it most likely is.

Have you thought the pain could be due to the way you position yourself in bed, or how you sit at work, or watching tv, the computer etc...?

Otherwise, if you are still worried about heart problems, your doctor will prob refer you to a cardiologist (which I've heard could be quite a bit of money) but up to you.

I think anxiety can just stay in our heads like a compulsion going round in circles, in your case, it's fear of heart problems, no matter if you are told you're ok, it stays with you.

If you could find a way to distract yourself and relax, the symptoms may ease a bit.
Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 31
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 08:23:11 AM »
Pain that's 6/10 is serious pain! That's the kind of pain that makes it difficult to think straight. I know about pain intimately having undergone cancer treatments and having had two heart attacks. Anxiety causes real physical symptoms and pain. Stress in of itself causes pain as in tense muscles etc. I'd venture to say of you in that much pain you'd be close to down for the count and your doctor would be treating you for it. If in fact there is no physical cause for your symptoms, it leaves one thing. Treat that and it treats the physical symptoms.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline Diabon

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 06:16:27 PM »
I would like to first thank you both very much for giving me attention, to me it is a random act of kindness when someone stops to sit down and write comforting words or even simply just to talk. Today my anxiety all left me, and my two year mystery was almost solved, I found out that these symptoms I have been having or at least 99 percent of them, are due to the fact that I have somehow damaged my spine, I have found out that my nerves are not working as they are supposed to. This is a wonderful thing for me because I thought I had Cardiac disease at such a young age :( as a matter of fact, I was sure of it. It is amazing how anxiety can blow everything out of proportion.

I wish you both and everyone else luck, love and laughter here and after you are dead.

Bookmark and Share

Tags: