Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New-need insight  (Read 160 times)

Online Ellsac

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New-need insight
« on: August 20, 2014, 10:19:08 AM »
Well, I am new to this forum, but not new to anxiety.

I have OCD, GAD, and am no stranger to panic attacks. I have been through therapy, and know what to do and not to do, but I am afraid I have slipped up lately.

I do happen to have real medical problems, which I will not name here, as I would feel terrible if someone picked it up as a theme or fear. These are not what I am having trouble with. I accepted them long ago, even though they are lifelong, chronic, and serious. Being misdiagnosed before getting my real diagnosis of said illnesses is what started my HA years ago. 

What I am dealing with are new issues, and they did happen to pop up during a stressful time. I am going from doctor to doctor, but as of yet I have no answers. I am starting to feel out of control, and while I do feel there is something medically going on with me, it is starting to mix with anxiety and I am having trouble figuring out what is what.

This all started with skin symptoms-some itching around the ears, followed by burning skin sensations (all over)-especially when out in the sun, and in the water (hot water is the worst). My veins on my hands, feet, and eyelids have all started to become more visible (as if my skin is getting thinner-and I don't mean the bigger blue veins, but tiny webs of veins). When this happens, there is a slight redness to my skin, especially my face-which will full on flush. Nausea off and on has also been an issue (even before the real anxiety kicked in). Doctors have noticed these things and see them, and they do feel there is something going on (thought we don't know what, and I am at my wits end with all the tests and whatnot). Allegra seems to take the edge off of the burning (even clothes can feel uncomfortable)

However, I started having more issues a few weeks ago. It started with waking in the middle of the night with my heart racing. It only lasted a few minutes after sitting up, but I was tense the rest of the night. I went to the ER/cardio doc-had every test you can think of, and all normal. Blood tests all show I am healthy, and my current diseases are being well managed. Negative ANA test. Even my cholesterol is good haha.

After all of this, sleep started being a problem. My heart rate was running low (mid 50's), and I was feeling short of breath (blood pressure fine-I have a cuff as I need to monitor is now and again for my chronic conditions). This made my heart feel heavy (but again slow), and when I would try to fall asleep, I'd feel almost a lurching sensation. This caused great anxiety for a week or so (goodbye slow heart rate), but I am still having sleep issues. Again, right before I am about to drift off, it feels like my eyeballs shift or move, and it wakes me up. I know it sound so weird. I feel weird even typing it. I will eventually fall asleep, but it sucks, and if I wake in the night, it'll often happen again.

My other issue is dizziness. Not terrible dizziness, but when I am walking or take a step, it will often feel like the floor moved (like when people get on an elevator). The worst is stairs. They'll play trick with my eyes.

I do have an appointment with a neurologist, as my doctor wants me checked for the skin issue alone and these other things will eventually get looked at.

I still have nausea that comes and goes-whether I am anxious or not.

Wow-this has ended up being really long haha. Anyway, I have been on Google wayyyyyyy to much, terrible I know, and I know I need t stop, but I am scared that all of these new things are serious, I am obsessed that I have either a brain tumor, MS, or a Mast Cell disease-as MS and the Mast Cell thing would cause many of the symptoms I had even before the anxiety started to really skew things. I just keep googling and googling-scaring myself silly. Even if I have one of these things, I know googling won't help me. I know it is basically a compulsion. I also know this post is basically asking for reassurance, which is also not good, but I am so confused. I will be making an appointment soon with my therapist once I can afford it (need to get the doc appointments out of the way).

I guess I am wondering whether anyone has experience with slow heart rate, the dizziness, and the falling asleep issue. My brain is so scattered right now, and I am feeling quite depressed. Sorry for the length. I appreciate any help. I apologize for any typos-don't have time to proofread.
Bookmark and Share

Online Ellsac

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New-need insight
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 01:25:50 PM »
Well, my friend at work seemed to know what I was talking about as far as the floor moving dizziness thing goes. He, however, looked at me like I was nuts about the falling asleep/eye twitch thing-and also didn't understand the slow heart rate thing. Sigh....I can be my own worst enemy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 223
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 05:23:40 PM »
hello,

usually anxiety would be more likely to raise your pulse.  so I wouldn't say that is anxiety.

many of the other stuff, yeah you could say is anxiety.

have a look on my profile page.  i have four links.  the third is a symptom list for anxiety.  the other three are on my thoughts about anxiety.

quit googling.  it only does harm to your emotional well being
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Online Ellsac

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 08:43:02 AM »
Thank you for your reply, much appreciated
Bookmark and Share

Tags: