Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: worried about skin cancer 14 year old boy  (Read 139 times)

Online superapple

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
worried about skin cancer 14 year old boy
« on: August 20, 2014, 04:57:06 AM »
hi i have a raised freckle (not sure whether it is a mole or a freckle) i have had it for as long as i can remember im a 14 year old boy and i have recently been fearing skin cancer, after hours of looking on the internet looking at symptoms i have found that if the mole is not symetrical then it might be skin cancer so i am worrying if i have melanoma.

I hope i am not too confusing if i am please ask me questions, here is the second part

before now i didn't know about skin cancer as much and because i was younger i didn't check myself so i can't remember if the mole / freckle i have got is melanoma or not because it is a circle but there is a bit of the circle missing and where the freckle is missing it is a lighter colour underneath so i am wondering if i have got a freckle on top of a mole (which i think would be fine i think that is what it is) basically can you get a freckle on top of a mole (the mole is light coloured and only raised a little bit) or do i have skin cancer  ?     
Bookmark and Share
If I don't reply to your post send me a PM with the link to the post or send me the message :)

Offline Raaawr

• Rec's: 0
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: worried about skin cancer 14 year old boy
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 06:21:41 AM »
hi i have a raised freckle (not sure whether it is a mole or a freckle) i have had it for as long as i can remember im a 14 year old boy and i have recently been fearing skin cancer, after hours of looking on the internet looking at symptoms i have found that if the mole is not symetrical then it might be skin cancer so i am worrying if i have melanoma.

I hope i am not too confusing if i am please ask me questions, here is the second part

before now i didn't know about skin cancer as much and because i was younger i didn't check myself so i can't remember if the mole / freckle i have got is melanoma or not because it is a circle but there is a bit of the circle missing and where the freckle is missing it is a lighter colour underneath so i am wondering if i have got a freckle on top of a mole (which i think would be fine i think that is what it is) basically can you get a freckle on top of a mole (the mole is light coloured and only raised a little bit) or do i have skin cancer  ?   

Ok lets try look at this logically.

You are 14. If you had this mole "as long as you can remember" we can probably safely estimate you have had it at least 4 years? More than likely you can remember it being there all your life though. Anyway, point is, if it hasnt changed in 4 years you have nothing to be worried about. That being said, you are coming to an age where your health is your own responsibility. It is well worth going to a Doctor once a year just to get moles checked.

There are things they ask you to look out for.
1. Is the mole bigger than an eraser on the end of a pencil?
2. Is the border of the mole noticeably unsymmetrical.
3. Colour, is the mole dark in colour or have significant colour variations.
4. Has the mole changed.

I have 4 moles on my stomach, 8 on my back and thats not counting the thousands of freckles I have on my arms and legs. None of my moles or freckles are perfectly symmetrical. They are all a little bit off. What they mean by not symmetrical is that they are noticeably all over the place, huge variations in either side. By all means get it checked out, your Doctor may decide to have it removed to prevent future risks of skin cancer BUT its only a precaution and does not mean you will have developed skin cancer otherwise.

My Granddad got skin cancer on his face years ago. It was this big ugly black mole that raised up off his face. It was extremely extremely noticeable.
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Online superapple

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 06:36:12 AM »
i wouldn't say that it is really noticeable it is not bigger than a pencil eraser I worry about lots of things on me its probably nothing, should I leave it and see how it is and see if it changes ?
Bookmark and Share
If I don't reply to your post send me a PM with the link to the post or send me the message :)

Offline Raaawr

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 06:42:44 AM »
Honestly its nothing to worry about.

However, if you never had it checked before its worth bringing up with a Doctor on your next visit, I dunno what your financial situation is that you can just run to a Doctor when every you feel like it but I were you I would just wait until next visit. I say this and I am 26 and never had my moles checked. I should really get on that. I however have 4 or 5 the same size as a pencil eraser and I am not worried. But yeah you should always keep an eye on your moles especially if its in a location where it gets alot of sun.
Bookmark and Share
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Online superapple

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 09:48:56 AM »
there is a white speck on it is that normal ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Raaawr

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 11:54:24 AM »
I dont know, cant say for certain. But as far as I know skin cancer tends to be black. I have a light mole on my belly that one could argue has specs of white in it but I always assumed its just cause its a pale mole so the skin shows through.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: