Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Afraid of ISIS and terrorism  (Read 1801 times)

Offline fishmanpa

• Rec's: 41
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Afraid of ISIS and terrorism
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2014, 08:14:15 PM »
Perhaps some perspective may help. Yes, we live in a time where terrorism is more prevalent. That being said, imagine of you will what life was like just a few hundred years ago when Native American tribes raided each other and wiped out entire camps and raiding parties would invade another country and wipe out multitudes. Or just a couple hundred years ago when European countries invaded each other or even 100 years ago or less when countries were bombing the *!&*****#^ out of each other and genocide was taking place. Even now, in countries like Syria, people by the score are being bombed, shot, gassed and the like by their own government! Lets not even get into the Middle East! sheesh!

Most members live in countries with more security and safety measures in places than half of the rest of the world. On the extremely minute chance that some rouge terrorist happens to get through the cracks, even then the chances of it affecting you directly are slim to none. And if you're that unlucky?... Well then it's just your time.

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2014, 05:46:20 AM »
Some would argue that a lot of this ISIS terrorist group are from all over the World. Just last night on the radio here in Ireland we have a Muslim extremist warning Irish soldiers not to peace keep in Syria. Oddly enough he had an Irish accent. The chap was brain washed in all he was saying. That is the biggest difference today. A lot of these sort of people are already living in our countries. I have no fear of them. They can mouth off all they want. Sad state of affairs when these people are born in your own country and are willing to take up arms against your own army. Some have converted over to the Muslim faith. So they would not look Muslim. Same skin colour as you or me. Could be living right next door to you. One major thing about the middle east is that none of the main countries surrounding Israel recognise it as a country. That is a nice little flash point to watch out for. Rockets are been fired at Israel from 3 or more countries at the moment. These countries are doing all they can to group together as one. They do have a new leader. It is all about how good he is at uniting people together to a common cause. If he manages it things could erupt. In the middle east that is. Then the UK and the US have said they would not sit by and watch Israel been attacked. Next few months should be interesting. ISIS are small. But they are doing all they can to expand to other countries. To grow their numbers. Case of watch this space.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2014, 07:54:00 AM »
Precisely. The killers from within. Believe I heard that the executioners of the journalists have British accents.

We think we humans have advanced from primitive times. We have books, music, schools, laws, hospitals, museums, technology, etc. We are oh so polite, smiling, kind, etc. So the brutal awakening that nothing has changed, that the need to kill, to conquer, to hate are really unchanged, is shattering. We may appear "civilized" but we can't live and let live.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Poke This Member
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2014, 12:45:27 PM »
Who called it right or what? Did I or did I not say that I could see something happening in the UK? By way of revenge. A woman has been beheaded in North London. They are saying it is not connected to all the latest stuff. Who are they kidding. The one country I picked for something to happen in first. Even I will admit that I never expected it to happen this quickly. I could see it happening. I was talking further down the road. It looks like someone is trying to send a message back to ISIS. If you can do it, we can do it too. Not clear on the full story as of yet. Is still only breaking news. May not be related. I will be interested to find out more.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Online tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2014, 01:26:06 PM »
Sure you called it. Have not heard about the killing you mention, but that sure seems to be their signature, their m/o. Don't even bother with a guillotine.

The reality is that they are up front: rid the world of all infidels. That's all of us. Now I ask you, since you know the countless casualties of the 20th Century, when will the ultimate weapon go off in this Century? I want those pills they handed out in On The Beach (novel and movie). Or, what the heck, I'll convert. They do yoga Child's Pose 5 times a day in prayer. Bent knees on the floor, torso forward to the ground. Wonder who taught them that? I can teach them other poses to try and keep my head. This is no joking matter. Sorry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Poke This Member
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2014, 01:36:12 PM »
This news story is still a bit mixed up at the moment. We know a woman is dead. That much is certain. We know a man has been arrested. That much is certain. Police are refusing to confirm reports of a beheading. This was or seems like a Muslim area in North London. Those interviewed on TV all had Muslim sounding names. What we are not certain of as of yet is whether the arrested man was English and white. Or Muslim. If he was somebody who simply walked into a Muslim area and carried out his act. We will know more as the night goes on here. Police are saying it is not terrorist related. I would agree with that. What I had said a few days ago is that at some point your average person is going to get fed up and want revenge and will enter a Muslim area and behead a person. I am just waiting to see if that is what actually happened. At the moment the news stations are reporting it as a suspected beheading. Love the way they add in ' the victim was pronounced dead at the scene of the crime '. Bit bloody obvious if her head was chopped off. Other reports are saying it was a domestic dispute. What the full truth is we will find out only when the police want to release full information.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Online tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2014, 04:07:09 PM »
We'll see, that is you may get the news. Doubt we would hear anything. Since it is a woman it is not likely to be terrorist related. Probably good old jealousy, etc.

But there was an in-depth discussion on ISIS on Charlie Rose, a PBS commentator. They must be stopped. It is a terrible problem with Syria, Iraq and Iran in the mix.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Poke This Member
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2014, 04:36:30 PM »
A 25-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after an 82-year-old woman was beheaded in broad daylight in a suburban back garden.

Palmira Silva, who is believed to be of Italian descent, was found at an address in Edmonton, north London just after 1pm after police received reports of a man with a knife in Nightingale Road.

Other potential victims escaped in what appears to be a random attack, Sky sources say.

They are saying it is not linked to terrorism at all. Just seems odd that he should use that method to kill the old woman. At a time it is happening elsewhere and is all over the news. We now wait to hear more about him. Where he was from. Religion and the likes. Then we will have a clearer picture of why he done what he done. Seems he looked for the oldest person he could find. Typical coward. Younger person would have put up a good fight. Not such an easy target.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Online tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2014, 07:53:05 AM »
Not sure I can post this because cursor won't cooperate. Ugh. I'm a technophobe. Know nothing.

This was an apolitical murderer, despicable cowards they all are. Re ISIS, the powers at their meeting need the cunning of a Putin to figure out what to do about them. It may just be best to let Assad, Iran, and Iraq wipe them out. We supply the hardware. The Kurds need our full support.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Poke This Member
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2014, 11:42:28 AM »
Well we now know for certain that the killer in the UK converted to Islam a year ago. They are still trying to have us believe their is no connection with this beheading and the two last week in Syria. I am not saying there is a connection. Apart from a Muslim who wanted to make a point in a London area. That such acts could be carried anywhere in the world. I still think various governments need to do something. Latest counts show that a good few Chinese and Japanese people are converting to Islam and have gone to Syria. A little bit odd. Not countries you would expect to find such people. But they are normal citizens of the country. Chinese people. No idea why they wish to fight in Syria. Governments need to clamp down quickly. It would be deemed illegal. But I think all that goes out the window. You have two fights going on. One at home. One in the middle east.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Online tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2014, 08:19:17 AM »
There can be copy cat nut head cases. Again worrisome. But the group sure has few friends anywhere. Countries may create some strange alliances as everyone wants no part of them.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Poke This Member
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2014, 11:30:43 AM »
Latest from Obama and other UN leaders is they aim to cut off supplies and money to these terrorists. I was a bit baffled by that. Only way to make that work would be to cut off anything heading for Syria. That would effect innocent people as well. But they say they will fight the terrorists as well. Something they have been doing for years now to little or no effect. As they are no longer just in one country. When Iraq was invaded they said it would be over quickly. Same with Afghanistan. In and out. Home in no time at all. Famous last words. I think they know they have to do something. But what they have to do is confusing them. They are split on the ' what '. Hop into another country? Be interesting to see what they do finally do.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Online tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2014, 12:06:03 PM »
Innocent people always suffer. The children, the tragedy. Obama ran on getting us out of conflicts. He is not about to leap in now. Keeps getting more and more grey hair.

We know the enemy. Who is a friend? Syria? Iran? Turkey? Iraq could be if it ever got itself a functioning government. Is anyone for peace? Or is peace too boring for too many?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Poke This Member
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2014, 01:29:27 PM »
Iraq will never be stable. Look what just happened there that lead to all of this latest stuff. They tried letting the country run itself again and it went back to the old ways. The different people within the country will never agree on anything. One lot began slaughtering another lot in the North of the country. America had to step in and send a few bombs down upon these rebel forces. Thus began the beheading of western journalists. By rebel forces in Syria who warned America to stop bombing their brothers in Iraq. It's a cycle that will continue to go round and around. I think we have to accept that they have their own ways of doing things in these countries and we can and never will be able to change that. Nearly all of these countries have cast systems of people. One lot think they are above the other lot. It has existed for Centuries now. It is not our way of living. Truth be told they don't want to live like us. Not those who imagine themselves to be higher up that cast system. As they nearly always end up in control. It is the lower cast people that want to change. They would accept the western way of living. Because their lives are made hell by these others. It is the these lower cast people that are been trained and armed. But most are not fighters. They simply can't survive without the west now that things have gotten as bad as they have. Even before any wars they were still been wiped out in their thousands. Once the west began to pull out of Iraq this time around the same old style of slaughtering kicked off again. It is a no win situation.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Online tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2014, 08:23:12 AM »
Unbearable to think that all those lost lives, the suffering made nothing better. India has classes of people and they're a democracy. This "better" or "worse" matter is the root of so much evil.

Am actually hopeful that Sunnis and Shia will form a government together and Syria, Iran, Turkey will help to make ISIS history.
Bookmark and Share