Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Can't sleep, worried! Unexplained bruising..  (Read 74 times)

Offline Jess0617

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Can't sleep, worried! Unexplained bruising..
« on: August 19, 2014, 10:37:04 PM »
So the past few days I've noticed I've gotten bruises on my inner thighs and different parts of my legs. I tried not to worry about it because I figured it was just normal bruising, but I had no recollection of how I could have gotten them. Now I've noticed the bruises have gotten bigger, one is like one big long bruise on my inner thigh. I'm worried now it's leukemia or lymphoma..ugh, I am 98% sure I didn't hit my legs on anything. I have had my blood tested about 6 months ago and everything was normal..anyone have any ideas?
Bookmark and Share

Offline marie204430

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can't sleep, worried! Unexplained bruising..
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 10:56:28 PM »
I have this happen all the time and so do most ppl, I promise you. When we worry about a specific disease we are on the "look out" for more symptoms and warning signs and if you go looking for something, often we endnup finding something and somehow linking it.
When I thought I was pulmonary m embolism, I hadb"lung" pain, when I thought I had a blood clot and alreadybhad leg pain, I was looking for warmth in my leg and yup it arrived. When I thought I had lymphoma (yup still getting over this one), I was looking for itching and you bet that symptom arrived as well. On and off and is now gone.
Bruises that are unexplainable happen all the time. In fact, now that you mention it, I have at least 3! Don't worry. Leukemia especially is easily detectable in blood ( something will be off) and you would feel awful. You are fine.
Something my doctor told me today was that I have many years to worry about my healthbwhen I'm older when it becomes a legitimate concern. Right now, we are healthy and should embrace it instead of finding issues someway, somehow.  :P
Bookmark and Share

Tags: