Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: How many Cts and X-rays have you all had  (Read 315 times)

Online Masond_06

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: How many Cts and X-rays have you all had
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 04:29:15 PM »
I had two concussions. So the head ones I guess were needed. With the abdominal ones at the time I actually thought I needed them. I'm not too worried about the radiation from the scans as the increase in risk is not too much considering a six month stay on the space station is 80mSv and the maximum dose over a lifetime for an astronaut is 1S. Also I eat pretty healthy, rarely drink, haven't smoked or used chewing tobacco for awhile so I feel that takes me out of a predisposition to get it in a way I guess. I just hate to not know what's going on with my body. I just recently had blood work, urinalysis, ultrasound and chest xray for pain that's persisted in my back for near two months and the doctors say they don't know and the only route now is ct scan or mri which I don't care for either one. It's just my mind spirals and I'm very inquisitive so I need to know. Thanks for all the replies.
Bookmark and Share

Online Masond_06

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 04:31:34 PM »
I also read about a girl in her twenties who had I think 19 scans for kidney stones and another person who got burned in an mri I think so they could only do ct scans and they had had a bunch.
Bookmark and Share

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 05:39:55 PM »
I've had 3-4 CT's and about the same for MRI's.  Maybe 3-4 chest/spine x-rays as well.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Tags: