Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 72 times)

Offline AppleNjneer

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello!
« on: August 19, 2014, 06:32:17 PM »
 :action-smiley-065:

Hi everyone, stumbled upon this forum and thought it would probably help if I joined. I recently got diagnosed with GAD, it all started with having the sensation of a lump in my throat. Completely freaked out on my way home, almost to the point of calling 911. I was able to calm myself down and went to urgent care to get checked out. Around the same time I began having a sensation of loss of balance or feeling like your head isn't attached to your body if that makes sense. Until today, the Dr's have told me its just an ear infection and nothing serious. Was recently started on HBP medication due to my elevated blood pressure and not sure if the head floating sensation is blood pressure related or not.

Just thought this forum would be a great place to speak with others that have similar anxiety issues. Hope to contribute any way I can.

Nice to meet everyone!
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 10:23:11 PM »
Hi Apple, and welcome to Anxiety Zone...  My name is Chuck, and I am one of the Global Moderators here on the site.

You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Since joining last year, Anxiety Zone has really helped me, Apple.  I have received a lot of support from members on the site, and have been able to share my experience, strength, and hope, as well.  I have made some wonderful friends here, and I feel that some of those will be lifelong friendships.

It's good to have you here as a new member.  The very best to you, Apple!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: