Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: freaking really need help please. thinking lung disease  (Read 168 times)

Offline jimmy7777

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
freaking really need help please. thinking lung disease
« on: August 19, 2014, 06:27:14 PM »
I'm at my wits end right now & seriously freaking out and convinced I'm dying. Since March off and on  I've been having breathing problems thats been getting worse and worse. In the last week its been at its worse. I've had an ekg , blood work, and chest xrays, and theyve found nothing. my blood pressure is normal although at times high do to anxiety and my oxygen is at 100 when they check it. What could this be and why does it feel like I'm dying? It gets so bad at times it feels like somebody is holding a pillow over my head and smothering to death. Also my throat keeps getting a tickle irritated feeling in it. I lnow this isn't just anxiety. I do have asthma but its never been this bad before.

What I'm thinking is

1. That I'm having a reaction to mold thats in my house because earlier this year under my house flooded out due to a water leak I didn't know I had.

2. I have something like copd.

3. I'm having allergies and aasthma so bad there is nothing that can be done to help me.

4. I have some disease that can't be detected and is ultimately going to lead to my doom.

Please let me hear some advice and opinions on here. I've been coming here for support for years and its always been a big help.
Thanks in advance.
Bookmark and Share
There is nothing we can do with suffering
except suffer it. "C.S Lewis"

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: freaking really need help please. thinking lung disease
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 07:13:13 PM »
Do you have GERD? I read it can cause these symptoms..... I am having some shortness of breath on and off for a while too.
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline Jazeraca

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 07:15:02 PM »
Anxiety, GERD and post-nasal drip can all make asthma worse. As Leah above said, GERD can give you that feeling in your throat, as can post-nasal drip.
Bookmark and Share
Dx: GAD, DESNOS, Fibro and other physical issues. Nothing serious, but of course my anxious mind will often find something very serious as with other things in my life. Anxiety is a fraud. Anxiety is not YOU or ME, it is an illness.

Offline Raaawr

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 07:20:37 PM »
I'm at my wits end right now & seriously freaking out and convinced I'm dying. Since March off and on  I've been having breathing problems thats been getting worse and worse. In the last week its been at its worse.
Breathing problems how? Describe them.

I've had an ekg , blood work, and chest xrays, and theyve found nothing. my blood pressure is normal although at times high do to anxiety and my oxygen is at 100 when they check it.
I know its hard to see the facts but they have pretty much fully examined your chest.

What could this be and why does it feel like I'm dying? It gets so bad at times it feels like somebody is holding a pillow over my head and smothering to death. Also my throat keeps getting a tickle irritated feeling in it. I lnow this isn't just anxiety. I do have asthma but its never been this bad before.
Back of your throat? Your throat almost feels smoky? Ever burp up a liquid that kind of tastes of your food? Bad taste in your mouth in the morning?

What I'm thinking is

1. That I'm having a reaction to mold thats in my house because earlier this year under my house flooded out due to a water leak I didn't know I had.
Possibly, some people are affected by mold and damp conditions. It can impair breathing and cause problems but it wouldnt be in every room in your house, just the places with the mold.

2. I have something like copd.
X-Ray and Oxygen tests remember?

3. I'm having allergies and aasthma so bad there is nothing that can be done to help me.
Inhalers. But they would have seen it I imagine, I am not sure I dont know enough about asthma.

4. I have some disease that can't be detected and is ultimately going to lead to my doom.
Classic anxiety symptom.
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline jimmy7777

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 05:05:06 PM »
I'm at my wits end right now & seriously freaking out and convinced I'm dying. Since March off and on  I've been having breathing problems thats been getting worse and worse. In the last week its been at its worse.
Breathing problems how? Describe them.

My chest feel tight like I can't get any air in. Typical asthma symptoms.

I've had an ekg , blood work, and chest xrays, and theyve found nothing. my blood pressure is normal although at times high do to anxiety and my oxygen is at 100 when they check it.
I know its hard to see the facts but they have pretty much fully examined your chest.

What could this be and why does it feel like I'm dying? It gets so bad at times it feels like somebody is holding a pillow over my head and smothering to death. Also my throat keeps getting a tickle irritated feeling in it. I lnow this isn't just anxiety. I do have asthma but its never been this bad before.
Back of your throat? Your throat almost feels smoky? Ever burp up a liquid that kind of tastes of your food? Bad taste in your mouth in the morning?

The itch is more like a irritant allergy type of feeling and no taste or anything like that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jimmy7777

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 05:12:13 PM »
Ive been looking up deaths from asthma and its got me freaking out. I read on this one site that tells you if you are at a higher risk for an ashtma related death and I am. Also I read that alot of asthma deaths are from ashtma being undertreated.  When I went to the Dr all he did was prescrube me an inhaler. To be honest I think he shouldve gave me some anti-inflammatory and possibly a antibiotic.  I just cant deal with this crap. I'm seriously about to have a nervous break down.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Raaawr

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 07:02:31 PM »
Ive been looking up deaths from asthma and its got me freaking out. I read on this one site that tells you if you are at a higher risk for an ashtma related death and I am. Also I read that alot of asthma deaths are from ashtma being undertreated.  When I went to the Dr all he did was prescrube me an inhaler. To be honest I think he shouldve gave me some anti-inflammatory and possibly a antibiotic.  I just cant deal with this crap. I'm seriously about to have a nervous break down.

The typical asthma symptoms you describe are also typical anxiety symptoms.

Honestly, even sitting here writing about this to you I am feeling my own anxiety building and I am feeling like I cant get enough air. The more I think about it and the more I write about it the worse it seems to be getting. But I know its anxiety. I know 4 people with asthma and all they have ever been prescribed was an inhaler. I dont know what more you want him to do.
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline jimmy7777

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 07:25:31 PM »

The typical asthma symptoms you describe are also typical anxiety symptoms.

Honestly, even sitting here writing about this to you I am feeling my own anxiety building and I am feeling like I cant get enough air. The more I think about it and the more I write about it the worse it seems to be getting. But I know its anxiety. I know 4 people with asthma and all they have ever been prescribed was an inhaler. I dont know what more you want him to do.

I won't say that anxiety osnt making things worse , but I do know it isnt comepletely anxoety. I get out of breathe just by walking up a small hill and start having bad asthma attacks. I've always had problems, but it just seems like this summer has been particularly bad and is only getting worse.

What I wish they'd do for me?  I wish they would give me an anti-inflammatory along with maybe some antibiotic. 

Thanks for the reply I greatly appreciate it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jimmy7777

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 09:16:33 PM »
I'm about to go to the E.R. My throat started feeling really itchy and scratchy and started making me have breathing problems. I hate this so much. I am completely miserable.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jimmy7777

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 09:16:43 AM »
Still dealing with the breathing problems and its not like casual episodes throughout the day, it's 24/7 I seriously can't deal with it anymore!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: