Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: School Starts in 10 Days..I Can't Do It  (Read 367 times)

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: School Starts in 10 Days..I Can't Do It
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 10:20:00 AM »
For whatever it's worth, I think you can do it because I did it....I just had my first day back after 6 years, and I survived!  So, if you are not ready yet that's ok---take baby steps and you will get there :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ellsac

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 11:29:10 AM »
Hi there :)

One of the best ways to treat anxiety (and also the hardest) is to move towards the things you fear, and resist the urge to run to comfort. Going to school will be hard, but not only will it show your anxious mind that it doesn't control your actions, it'll also be a step towards building confidence that you can lead a great life even while dealing with an anxiety disorder.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greenzebra

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 01:36:05 PM »
I totally understand where you're coming from! I'm a junior in college now, and I first started having really bad anxiety my freshman year of college, and I struggled so much that semester. It didn't affect my grades, but it hurt my social life, and on weekends I would alternate between going home and having my boyfriend stay with me. One thing that really helped was seeing a counselor. My school had counseling available for free, and I was able to work through a lot of my anxiety and it was a lot easier to cope. Plus, it was nice that nobody really knew about it. The building that my counselor was in was also used for other stuff, so it wasn't like everybody that I saw knew that I was there for that. I hope you feel better soon!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: