Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Please dont read this if you are worried about Ebola  (Read 688 times)

Offline cardinal

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Please dont read this if you are worried about Ebola
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 07:24:17 PM »
Hi Raaawr,
There are no cases Ebola in Zimbabwe, so you are safe.

Not yet! But it takes up to a week for symptoms to come ha!

Yeah I know its all a bit silly but sure thats how it all works isnt it.

But the theoretical Zimbabwean bean-packer would have had to be exhibiting symptoms when handling your produce (presumably during the first day or two of illness before the Ebola became debilitating) and would be critically ill or dead by now due to the rapid progression of the disease, meaning that it would be all over the world news that the disease has now spread to Zimbabwe. (And, by the way, what are the chances of the first-ever Ebola victim in Zimbabwe being the same person who handled your beans?!) So even in our HA world, you are SAFE!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Raaawr

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 08:20:44 PM »
I gave it a silly name because it is entirely improbable. How many reports have you heard about the transmission of a viral disease cross-continent through a can of beans. Or any food product. If diseases were all so ingenius then you should add rabies, bird-flu, and the rest to your list. Who knows, a bat may have sh*t in your ketchup.

Jokes on you! I dont eat ketchup!

I know it is highly improbable but that wont stop me worrying about it. By the same logic I could also have contracted HIV form the beans as the person could have had HIV as well!
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline Raaawr

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 08:22:35 PM »
Hi Raaawr,
There are no cases Ebola in Zimbabwe, so you are safe.

Not yet! But it takes up to a week for symptoms to come ha!

Yeah I know its all a bit silly but sure thats how it all works isnt it.

But the theoretical Zimbabwean bean-packer would have had to be exhibiting symptoms when handling your produce (presumably during the first day or two of illness before the Ebola became debilitating) and would be critically ill or dead by now due to the rapid progression of the disease, meaning that it would be all over the world news that the disease has now spread to Zimbabwe. (And, by the way, what are the chances of the first-ever Ebola victim in Zimbabwe being the same person who handled your beans?!) So even in our HA world, you are SAFE!!

Add to the fact that Ebola has never once been contracted by a human outside of Africa in its entire existence and you have a very small chance I know. But Im still a little worried. Its not overpowering "Oh crap I am going to die" worry but its more "What if I do have ebola and I give it to my girlfriend, oh crap".
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline cardinal

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 09:16:11 PM »
I understand. Sometimes when I articulate the worries that cross my mind it helps me realize the absurdity of them.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: