Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Unbalanced  (Read 125 times)

Offline Laurenmarie37

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Unbalanced
« on: August 19, 2014, 03:02:03 PM »
Hi everyone I'm new here. I'm 16 & I suffer a lot from health anxiety. It used to happen only sometimes like a couple days a month but for the last 5 days I've been feeling unbalanced or feel like I'm moving. Could this be because I've been thinking and worrying about it? Idk because it feels real. Symptoms like this make me think there's something terribly wrong with me. I'm scared. Responses would be appreciated. Thank you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jazeraca

• Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Unbalanced
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 03:57:27 PM »
Sounds like vertigo. Does it get worse when you move your head?
Bookmark and Share
Dx: GAD, DESNOS, Fibro and other physical issues. Nothing serious, but of course my anxious mind will often find something very serious as with other things in my life. Anxiety is a fraud. Anxiety is not YOU or ME, it is an illness.

Offline filopastry

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 05:13:17 PM »
Hi everyone I'm new here. I'm 16 & I suffer a lot from health anxiety. It used to happen only sometimes like a couple days a month but for the last 5 days I've been feeling unbalanced or feel like I'm moving. Could this be because I've been thinking and worrying about it? Idk because it feels real. Symptoms like this make me think there's something terribly wrong with me. I'm scared. Responses would be appreciated. Thank you!

Of all the symptoms I had in the last few months of my anxiety recurrence, this is the one that freaked me out the most, mainly because I had never had it before , and as you say it does feel very weird when it happens.

If its any consolation I had it reasonably badly for about a month or so and then it started to fade away (which seems to be the pattern of all my recent physical symptoms), not too bad now to be honest, presumably because my brain has moved on to worrying about Bulbar ALS!

As always if it gets continually worse or very debilitating it may be worth going to the doctor, but personally I think it sounds like the usual anxiety rubbish, as frustrating as it is I think it is highly unlikely to be anything apart from that.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Jazeraca

• Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 05:57:32 PM »
Not necessarily true. I have BPPV and have for years, which causes vertigo and has nothing to do with anxiety. Of course, it is not life-threatening.
Bookmark and Share
Dx: GAD, DESNOS, Fibro and other physical issues. Nothing serious, but of course my anxious mind will often find something very serious as with other things in my life. Anxiety is a fraud. Anxiety is not YOU or ME, it is an illness.

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 06:45:55 PM »
I had same thing from a sinus infection.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.