Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: suspicious mole?!? omg  (Read 607 times)

Offline marie204430

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
Re: suspicious mole?!? omg
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 06:36:29 PM »
Thank you again everyone. My doctor assured Mr I'm fine and my CBC was perfect again. She said unless it changes its fine, especially since its been like this for a while. I'm TRYING to accept what she has said :) is it safe to?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 06:55:22 PM »
Of course you should accept what she said. If it hasn't, or doesn't change, then you have nothing to worry about. I have a scary mole on my chest that is about the size of a pencil sharpener. It hasn't always been there and I can't remember when it first appeared there. But the only thing I do is check it now and then (but no too often - like once a month or so).

Sixpack has given you amazing advice. In fact, it has even been beneficial to me. You said you know the odds of it being a melanoma are tiny but google made you panic. Therefore, you know from the evidence that it would be better to avoid googling. It is easier said than done. I know because I am often sitting here contemplating whether I should google a new symptom or not. The more you can prevent yourself from googling your symptoms, the easier it will get each time.

This could be your first step in getting over your HA. Just try and prevent yourself with all your might from googling.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marie204430

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 07:57:37 PM »
You're totally right venomsoar...you e set me straight this is a time I can truly get past all this as long as I don't relapse or something and move onto a new disease. No self checking and no googling for me. I need to stick to that!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 08:15:17 PM »
I have a scary mole on my chest that is about the size of a pencil sharpener.

Lol. I have just realised I said pencil sharpener instead of pencil eraser!  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 240
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2014, 07:22:45 AM »
I have a scary mole on my chest that is about the size of a pencil sharpener.

Lol. I have just realised I said pencil sharpener instead of pencil eraser!  :laugh3:

I read that and I thought "DAMN!!!!!!"     
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: