Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: suspicious mole?!? omg  (Read 277 times)

Offline marie204430

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
suspicious mole?!? omg
« on: August 19, 2014, 11:01:00 AM »
Have a  doctors appointment today...but I'm scared. I think I've had it for a while...at least a year maybe longer Idk and it doesn't seem to have changed.
Adding pictures, hope they get approved quick
Bookmark and Share

Offline marie204430

Sad
    • Poke This Member
Re: suspicious mole?!? omg
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 11:08:58 AM »
It ha sa tiny white dot in it or maybe two? Omg
Bookmark and Share

Offline marie204430

Sad
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 11:35:10 AM »
Does it look suspicious to anyone??? I believe its smaller than a pencil eraser
Bookmark and Share

Offline marie204430

Sad
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 12:08:29 PM »
Anyone????? Please I'm sure this is stage ,4 melanoma that is metastatic
Bookmark and Share

Offline PantsyAntsy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 01:01:35 PM »
I've had more than one mole taken off that looked like that. They were mildly atypical. Nowhere near stage 4 melanoma.

Honestly, it doesn't look bad to me. But, get it off and see how it comes back.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 01:11:12 PM »
you have given yourself all kinds of diseases in the last month.

***If you only want a post reassuring you that your mole looks good to me, then you should not read any further.   This post is all about how you need to work on your thinking disorder.***

+
+
+
+
+
+
+

what are you going to do to get better?  seeking all of this reassurance is just not working.  It NEVER does actually.   The people giving you what you want  have or soon will not know what to tell you anymore.   You are not listening to anything but the lies that your mind is telling you anyway.  Marie, while you may think us offering you reassurance (sometimes 5-10 times a day--over the course of your daily threads ) is support,  it is NOT.  At this point any response that you get saying you don't have ___ or that pic looks normal etc, is just enabling you.  All this sort of "support" does is tell you to ask for more.  It is actually hindering you from seeking REAL healing.

Marie,

I absolutely understand your view and belief  that you are sad and that 'you can't help it" and "you don't know what to do", and "you want to stop" and all of the other things an anxious mind peddles.    I know I've been there.  However NONE of those things are going to get you better.   While I know it is hard you are STILL going to have to change the tape in your head.  doing the things you have been doing WILL NOT help you.  How long is it going to take for you to REALLY get tired of the status quo?   

believe me I sympathize with your plight.  I am sure there all kinds of reasons you feel the way you do.  but, Marie , we ALL have terrible and difficult things in our lives.  Some worse than others..  However, we just can't become a victim of these things.  In order to be overcome life's difficulties, we must seek out/implement real solutions.   
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 01:31:24 PM »
Many moles look weird, but most turn out to be nothing to be worried about. The dermatologist is the one to see about skin issues. I had basal cell carcinoma around 5-6 years ago and it was removed by a Mohs surgeon and I am fine with a very minimal chance of a reoccurrence.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline marie204430

Sad
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 02:17:09 PM »
Yhank you everyone for the replies. I know the odds are in my favor and its not extremely abnormal or anything, but google made Mr panic as usual, no surprise there.
The thing is, today I was excited to have a doctors appt to get a last CBC and move on from my lymph node fears. Bit now I have a whole new issue and will have to wait around to be referred to a dermatologist...ugh.
I'm going to my appt soon so I'll update after I guess.
And I agree with you six pack, I know I'm not helping myself.
Bookmark and Share

Offline iyjnn

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 02:31:25 PM »
If it hasn't changed then that's a good sign! Moles can be scary looking and still be 100% normal. I have a bunch that I was completely convinced would kill me but they were all normal, not even atypical. It's still good to have your moles checked out by a dermatologist but I don't think you have stage 4 melanoma. Some of mine are similar to the shape of yours and they are fine
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 03:35:47 PM »
Yhank you everyone for the replies. I know the odds are in my favor and its not extremely abnormal or anything, but google made Mr panic as usual, no surprise there.
The thing is, today I was excited to have a doctors appt to get a last CBC and move on from my lymph node fears. Bit now I have a whole new issue and will have to wait around to be referred to a dermatologist...ugh.
I'm going to my appt soon so I'll update after I guess.
And I agree with you six pack, I know I'm not helping myself.

okay then.  I surmise you are okay with the status quo.  I wish you luck.  be well.   :action-smiley-065:

Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline marie204430

Sad
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 06:36:29 PM »
Thank you again everyone. My doctor assured Mr I'm fine and my CBC was perfect again. She said unless it changes its fine, especially since its been like this for a while. I'm TRYING to accept what she has said :) is it safe to?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 06:55:22 PM »
Of course you should accept what she said. If it hasn't, or doesn't change, then you have nothing to worry about. I have a scary mole on my chest that is about the size of a pencil sharpener. It hasn't always been there and I can't remember when it first appeared there. But the only thing I do is check it now and then (but no too often - like once a month or so).

Sixpack has given you amazing advice. In fact, it has even been beneficial to me. You said you know the odds of it being a melanoma are tiny but google made you panic. Therefore, you know from the evidence that it would be better to avoid googling. It is easier said than done. I know because I am often sitting here contemplating whether I should google a new symptom or not. The more you can prevent yourself from googling your symptoms, the easier it will get each time.

This could be your first step in getting over your HA. Just try and prevent yourself with all your might from googling.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marie204430

Sad
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 07:57:37 PM »
You're totally right venomsoar...you e set me straight this is a time I can truly get past all this as long as I don't relapse or something and move onto a new disease. No self checking and no googling for me. I need to stick to that!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 08:15:17 PM »
I have a scary mole on my chest that is about the size of a pencil sharpener.

Lol. I have just realised I said pencil sharpener instead of pencil eraser!  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2014, 07:22:45 AM »
I have a scary mole on my chest that is about the size of a pencil sharpener.

Lol. I have just realised I said pencil sharpener instead of pencil eraser!  :laugh3:

I read that and I thought "DAMN!!!!!!"     
Bookmark and Share

Tags: