Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Really scared right now  (Read 149 times)

Offline cameronj

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Really scared right now
« on: August 18, 2014, 11:50:47 PM »
Guys, am I being completely insane right now??? My parents think so when I skyped them and I don't want to bring it up to my roommates, but I've been freaking out because I went for a 42 mile bike ride of rolling hills and my heart rate was in the 90s for a while after I finished and now several hours later and I haven't been able to get it under 82. It's probably been about 5 hours since I finished my ride and my heart rate has continued to fluctuate between 82-87 and then spikes into the 90s when I really start getting worked up. I'm worrying about heart issues but my parents said that I would've dropped dead on that ride if I had any heart issue. This has been a constant worry for me all summer and I know rationally that it is completely illogical, but I'm still struggling to accept it emotionally. I saw my doctor last week about it and she thoroughly reassured me that my heart was actually healthier and in better shape than most 21 year olds and I was finally starting to get over this fear, but I'm really scared right now and I've been tempted to rush off to the hospital /:
Bookmark and Share

Offline cameronj

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Really scared right now
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 12:07:23 AM »
I could really use some reassurance... I guess my post is kind of ridiculous though. I just read another post on here that said a resting heart rate between 60-90 is normal
Bookmark and Share

Offline kvndl2

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Things are lookin' up
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 12:30:15 AM »
Yeah your parents know best!
I was exercising earlier this morning and my heart rate got up to 130 and I was fine.
If you focus on your heart rate it'll get higher because you're focused on trying to lower it.
You're subconsciously making it race. So it's better to just take a step back and not check your heart rate for a while.
Drink some tea, water, anything that relaxes you, watch a movie or listen to music. Heck play a video game.
You're definitely fine! No need to worry.
Bookmark and Share

Online patmob

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 05:59:31 AM »
Your resting heart rate is completely within the normal range of 70-100
Bookmark and Share

Tags: