Another month with days nights full of twitching.
I'm trying to stay positive, waiting for my 12 month check up next May.
Thank you to those who replied to my original post and thank you in advance to those who might reply this time. I appreciate the time you all take to respond with your thoughts.
Here's my update. I continue to twitch in my left foot daily. I notice it much more on the evening, or when I'm not moving. For the first time, I felt it while standing still a couple of weeks ago. It stopped, or at least I think it stopped, when I started walking around. The twitch is still light, mostly confined to my left arch.
The past few days have brought on twitches in both shoulders. I haven't felt them both at the same time but they seem to move from one shoulder to the other. Usually behind my right shoulder and in front of my left.
I still walk well, with the very, very occasional trip over something, although I haven't come close to actually falling.
My left middle finger has become stiff, hard to bend, and sore to squeeze on the last joint. Likewise, my left index finger is sore to squeeze on the middle joint. I am 47, and my mother has terrible arthritis in her fingers, so I'm hoping that's what is starting with me. I've read in a few of places that ALS doesn't present with pain in finger joints, so I'm hoping that's correct.
Every once in a while, I'll drop things, especially with my left hand. Usually light things like a t shirt, or sock, usually with the left hand that is experiencing the finger stiffness. That said, I can still put lids on things, pick things up off my desk and tie my shoes, although the fingers actually hurt a little when I tie my shoes.
I am ver, very right handed and have never been very coordinated with my left hand, so I try and takethatinto consideration when I start to worry about things.
Hopefully, this is still in line with BFS and not ALS.
I am constantly squelching the desire to call my nuero and move up my appointment and/or ask for an EMG. I tell myself that I would be much more deteriorated by this time, seven months from my original scare, and that I should just wait until May when I'm scheduled.
Does anyone else experience these type of symptoms or have any advice after hearing this update?
Thank you all so much.