Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Stupid stomach flu  (Read 158 times)

Offline BriR

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Stupid stomach flu
« on: August 18, 2014, 08:00:11 PM »
I got sick with the stomach flu, being a hypochondriac, Having severe anxiety, AND EMETOPHOBIA. Ive been a complete mess today. I have nausea and stomach aches,  i can not throw up literally. Its just nausea, if i try to nothing comes out and that scares me. I havent ate at all today because of it, and i dont plan on to honestly. i already went to the doctor and when i did ran to the restroom and threw up a bit of stomach acid :( I was having recurring panic attacks that would not stop at all the whole day. Obviously it being concerning they prescribed meds :(

Im still scared, I'm still doubting its the stomach flu. And im also super terrified what if the nausea wont leave? Im also a little hesitant on starting the meds tomorrow ugh
Bookmark and Share

Offline BriR

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stupid stomach flu
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 08:39:19 PM »
What if my stomach symptoms dont go away and it ends being something bad? :(((((((

I feel like vomiting but i just cant i have nothing in my stomach, yet i feel the way i do. I have sharp stomach aches at times. My doctor promised me it was just a stomach virus but im still so scared and worried i hate this
Bookmark and Share

Offline mydogisnamedslippy

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 10:28:33 PM »
Hey Bri!

I totally had a stomach virus earlier this summer also and it freaked me ooouuuutttt. Like seriously for reals. Then I learned that in fact, many stomach bugs are way more common in the summer because it is hot and food is left out, and ventilation sux and bacteria grows like crazy. Hence, everyone gets food poisoning.

I went to the doctor and made the mistake of getting testing done. Don't do that, lol. Things came back abnormal like the white blood cel poop thing (sorry tmi) and I was totally convinced I had colon cancer or Crohns disease. My doctor assured me that really the test results were consistent with food poison gastroenteritis, but I felt like I was going insane until I repeated the tests when I was feeling better and everything came back normal.

But seriously, what your describing is exactly what I felt like. Sharp stomach aches. For me they felt like waves. Like sharp waves of pain. And I felt like I needed to puke but I didn't (I also have emetophobia). Seriously don't worry. This is def summer time stomach probs. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 10:31:44 PM »
Stomach flu + emetophobia is a horrible combination; been there :/  Stomach flus are really common and cause nausea and cramps as well as vomiting and diarrhea.  Hopefully you'll luck out and it'll just be a 24 hour bug and you'll feel better in a day or two, but if it lasts longer, don't worry about it.  Just stay hydrated and you'll be fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline BriR

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 10:46:59 PM »
Hey Bri!

I totally had a stomach virus earlier this summer also and it freaked me ooouuuutttt. Like seriously for reals. Then I learned that in fact, many stomach bugs are way more common in the summer because it is hot and food is left out, and ventilation sux and bacteria grows like crazy. Hence, everyone gets food poisoning.

I went to the doctor and made the mistake of getting testing done. Don't do that, lol. Things came back abnormal like the white blood cel poop thing (sorry tmi) and I was totally convinced I had colon cancer or Crohns disease. My doctor assured me that really the test results were consistent with food poison gastroenteritis, but I felt like I was going insane until I repeated the tests when I was feeling better and everything came back normal.

But seriously, what your describing is exactly what I felt like. Sharp stomach aches. For me they felt like waves. Like sharp waves of pain. And I felt like I needed to puke but I didn't (I also have emetophobia). Seriously don't worry. This is def summer time stomach probs. :)

I Know it freaked me out too! I always get a bit of nausea that i can control and ignore and it goes away. But this one wouldnt go away. So i freaked out and went into full blown panic attack all night.  And I defiantly wont,  And I just cant  throw up i want to so maybe it'll go away but then again NO!! Im terrified of throwing up :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline BriR

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 10:49:05 PM »
Stomach flu + emetophobia is a horrible combination; been there :/  Stomach flus are really common and cause nausea and cramps as well as vomiting and diarrhea.  Hopefully you'll luck out and it'll just be a 24 hour bug and you'll feel better in a day or two, but if it lasts longer, don't worry about it.  Just stay hydrated and you'll be fine.

Yes it really is :( I hope it goes away by tomorrow I hate stomach flu's so much. Thanks for the advice!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 02:06:44 PM »
The last time I threw up - literally half my lifetime ago, I am determined  :laugh3: - it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I mean, it wasn't pleasant but I remember afterward thinking "Really?  I spend so much time worrying about that?!"  Of course the fear came back pretty fast, but at the time it really wasn't so awful.  I was even able to allow myself to do it after overeating a few months after the stomach flu that got me so sick.  Again, not so bad!  I wish the fear hadn't come back; it would make life so much simpler. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline BriR

Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 04:09:49 PM »
It isnt so bad i know I did it like almost a month ago for over eating, but I always dry heave when I do thats one of the reasons why i hate throwing up. I woke up feeling a lot better than what i did yesterday but my stomach still feels kind of weird. I want to drink something and maybe eat but im scared I'll start feelig quesy again. :( 
Bookmark and Share

Offline sdd

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 06:39:26 PM »
I am also emet.  I totally understand where you're coming from.  I didn't throw up for 24 years and was starting to get over my phobia and then bam...

We went to Niagara Falls 2 summers ago and I came down with a stomach bug.  About an hour after I started running to the bathroom with it coming out the downward end, my husband started.  I threw up for the first time in 24 years that day.  And then 24 hours later, 2 of my kids were throwing up.  It was a nightmare.  We were in a tiny hotel room and fighting over the bathroom and garbage cans.

Since then my emet has been AWFUL. 

Is it an emet thing that we don't throw up often?
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 12:38:20 PM »
That sounds like a hellish vacation. 

For me, at least, it is - I get way past the point where a person without the phobia would just say "oh, to hell with it" and let 'er rip, but I never can.  I'm sure there are plenty of times when I'd feel a LOT better if I did, too.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: