Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Exhausted ALL The Time! (And Shortness of Breath)  (Read 172 times)

Offline brittanyborg

• Rec's: 7
  • Struggling to find myself again
    • Poke This Member
Exhausted ALL The Time! (And Shortness of Breath)
« on: August 18, 2014, 04:26:54 PM »
Hey guys.

I haven't posted in a couple days (and for me that's monumental) but I've been having a really rough past week, I thought staying off the forum might help get my mind off of anxiety but I didn't really see too much of a difference either way. Anyway, I come seeking helping/advice/comfort as per usual.

For over a month now I've been experiencing extreme shortness of breath that has been continuously getting worse. I'm on a cocktail of different medications for my anxiety/panic and although some of the medications help to alleviate some of my symptoms - nothing has helped in regards to my shortness of breath. I've been doing my best not to think about it but it's really been getting me down. Today I was on the phone with my boyfriend (and I was laying in bed) just having a normal conversation and all of a sudden he said "Why are you breathing so loudly?" this really alarmed me because today has been especially bad in regards to the shortness of breath.

I've also been EXHAUSTED for the past couple of days. I get anywhere between 8-10 hours of sleep and once I'm awake in the morning I just want to go straight back to bed. I yawn constantly throughout the day and feel so tired and weak. I literally could fall asleep at the drop of a hat and all I want to do is be laying in bed all day because I'm so exhausted (I don't even do much! I had to quit my job about a month ago due to my anxiety and constantly feeling ill) so I'm pretty much just around the house all day, sometimes I go out and try and do stuff but never usually things that exert too much energy. I have no idea what's going on with my body  :traurig001:

I'm so scared, I wake up every morning believing that it will be my last day on earth and that I will die. Every day I wake up and my symptoms seem to be worse and it's just progressed now to the point where I feel so ill all the time and exceptionally weak. I've had so many tests run on me and multiple doctors have given the clear multiple times. I'm convinced I have something seriously wrong with me and spend the majority of my day convincing myself that I've been misdiagnosed and truly have a blood blot in my lung (pulmonary embolism).

Also, all day off/on I've been getting this "building pressure" feeling in my head. It feels like someone is inflating a ballon in my head and it will last a couple minutes then slowly deflate. It has happened about four-five times today and it's just making me worry even more.

Can anybody offer me any insight? I'm in a bad spot.
Bookmark and Share
  • I don't know a perfect person, I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
  • "Storms make trees take deeper roots"

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 19
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
Re: Exhausted ALL The Time! (And Shortness of Breath)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 05:13:37 PM »
Hi Britt  :action-smiley-065:

Are u taking any Ativan or Klonopin at this time for the anxiety.

I know you working out - are u possibly over training?  Also... Sometimes when I exercised - I feel very shaky and faint (which is common with people that have panic disorder - called "Exercise Induced Panic anxiety"

Lastly... Any type if beta-blocker that your doctor prescribed you - #1 side effect is fatigue.  Are u taking the Beta Blocker?

I noticed my daughters would sometime be so fatigued that they couldn't even swallow their food - Dr. Found they had Iron deficiency - Anemia that was really bad.

What helped me a lot was B12 - under the tongue- would offset the fatigue caused by medication - without the anxiety caused by coffee.

Many people have B12 deficiencies.

Just some thoughts.

Stay Strong!

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline Raaawr

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 05:22:45 PM »
You haven't been misdiagnosed. You gotta get that out of your head!!

You need to start telling yourself you are ok and you are healthy. I know it's hard, I barely manage it most days but if you keep telling yourself you are sick you will feel sick. You gotta put some faith in your doctors. They have seen what PE is like, you most likely haven't.

I'm sorry you're feeling bad, I really am, it's terrible how bad one can get on the worst days but you gotta tell yourself you are ok.
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 06:38:49 PM »
Sorry you are having such a rough time. 

What exactly do you feel when you mean "shortness of breath?"  I know when I feel anxious, I'm constantly sighing. 

Today has actually been an anxious day for me.  I've been thinking about a lot of things and it's making me feel anxious and jittery.  I've tried to just sit and relax but my body is sitting but my heart is racing and I can feel how jittery I am.

Is that how you feel?

Have you ever tried any herbal teas like chamomile?  That helps me a lot.  I can make one cup and many times I'll feel myself calming down just by half of the cup.

I hope you feel better.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Tags: