Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is this really anxiety?  (Read 200 times)

Offline Jeff27

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is this really anxiety?
« on: August 18, 2014, 03:20:01 PM »
hi everyone in the AZ comunity. I was wondering if you could help me out.

I am freaking out about shortness of breath literally right now. Not sure if I have something. for some reason I am freaking out I have anemia or leukemia since my doctor sent me for a CBC test.

I have been feeling a bit better the past few days but I am scared as I am waking up with shortness of breath and a racing heart.

My question is: I have always been a bit anxious but it has never been like this before. I was alot more anxious when I was14 or 13 but it went away.

Now it literally feels like im dying. Like I am still not convinced it is just anxiety. But I want to believe it is anxiety. I know I have to accept that it is anxiety. I am actually on 10 mg of cipralex, which I am worried might be hurting me, but I am starting to see i am thinking more rationally.

But I don't get how I could be fine 4 months ago and now be like this. I had a panic attack in May after some long driving when I was hung over. Also in April I went through an experience when I ended up being extorted  by a stripper. Not proud of it it of course. But i wonder if these events contributed.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this really anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 04:18:18 PM »
Feelings of shortness of breath or suffocation, a racing heartbeat, and feeling like you might die are the most reported symptoms of a panic attack - and by extension, of a panic disorder. Most of us here get them.

As for the short change... Yeah, it tends to happen pretty quick. My panic disorder developed in about 30 seconds, after one single mistake of perception.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lfiasche

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 07:25:57 PM »
 I too was always anxious! Now looking back I think I have always had it. However last winter I slowly slid backwards until it exploded ! I couldn't believe that it was anxiety either. I mean it scared the hell out of me. I thought I was going to die. Nope, not dying..anxiety. It sucks but with a little work it gets better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline danimal_44

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 11:34:24 PM »
Yeah, when it hits, it hits. I can see that I had some underlying anxiety for some time before I had my first full panic attack, but once your body feels that terror it sticks around.

CBC tests are very routine, I've had many. They have all been normal. My anxiety has made me feel most pains imaginable. And it hurts and is scary. But, I have had breakthrough moments when my brain relaxed very deeply. Almost on que these pains would disappear. That showed me just what anxiety is capable of.

True acceptance is key!
Bookmark and Share
Stop fighting and start relaxing.

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 09:49:14 AM »
Have you even looked up hyperventilation syndrome? People like us (anxiety sufferers) tend to breathe too much.  This causes an imbalance of C02.  Symptoms are lightheadedness, shortness of breath, and rapid hr.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: