Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Quick Heart worry question  (Read 109 times)

Offline Raaawr

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Quick Heart worry question
« on: August 18, 2014, 02:42:52 PM »
Ok I know this is probably silly before I even ask it but I have to ask or it will nag me all evening.

So I walked home from work quite fast, 10-15 minute walk with a fairly heavy bag on my back. The walk was fine, I walked fast and never felt out of breath or dizzy. So in my moment of confidence I decided I would walk up the stairs to my apartment instead of taking the lift. My apartment is on the 5th floor.

By the time I hit the 2nd floor I could feel my heart beat increasing, by the 3rd it was beating quite fast and I started to feel really anxious that I was going to have a heart attack and die in the stairway that no one ever uses. On my way to the 4th I could feel my heart beat thumping in my throat, my chest and even my stomach. I checked my pulse on my neck only for a second and my heart was beating so damn fast, I felt three heart beats and I couldnt check anymore it was making me too nervous and feeling sick. I made it to the 4th and chickened out and got the lift the final floor. Standing in the lift I was afraid that this was it, I was going to have a heart attack. Soon as I got into my apartment I rang someone just to have someone to talk to to take my mind off it.

Sure enough my heart rate started to slow down within minutes, I cant say how long because seconds felt like hours. I guess I just want reassurance that all this is normal? I mean your heart rate has to increase to supply blood to the muscles being exerted but I worry my heart was beating too fast. Is that even possible? That your heart rate can increase so much while you are exercising it just gives out? Have I anything to worry about here?
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline e77

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Quick Heart worry question
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 03:09:41 PM »
Very normal.  I think the additional adrenaline brought on through the fear sensitized you to the action of your heart.  Adrenaline is very potent and quite normal to experience in the context of your experience.  You want the heart to work hard, like you said, to keep the blood pumping.  It is a marvelous muscle and super strong.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: