Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hello there  (Read 73 times)

Offline blueberries960

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello there
« on: August 18, 2014, 01:01:38 AM »
30 yr old female. with bad HA. last year was brain tumor. this year is swollen lymph nodes/cancer/lymphoma. Looking for other people like me who i can share my sturggles with and who i can help or who can be there to listen when i need help lol. currently my HA is bad as it has ever been.  Been to a docter and she put me on valium 2mg 1x night.. And it doesnt do anything.. Well im new to this so there is my story!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello there
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 05:20:26 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Online Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello there
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 01:50:23 PM »
Hi Blue,  :action-smiley-065:

Welcome to the forum, this a great place to be!

I am very happy you are joining us, you will find many people here that can relate, and many resources to help you in your Journey to recovery and a healthy mental and physical life.

Please feel free share any information you are comfortable with  :happy0151:

So your dr. has given you Valium 2mg - which is a very low dose...

Was the Valium prescribed for anxiety?

I have used Xanax,Ativan, Klonopin and Valium.  - for over 20 years, at different times.

I have been using valium at 10 mg per night for the last 10+ years daily, along with my Prozac 40 mg.

I can share my experience...

IME -Most doctor in the U.S. will prescribe a 30 day supply starting with 5 mg and not 2 mg... (because it not as potent as Klonopin or the other BZD)

IME:  Valium is least potent of the BZD I have used, (but still one of the best!) most people I know will start getting some results at 5 mg.  Most people will do well on 10 mg.  And some will need even higher dosages, but most doctor will now prescribe klonopin at .5, since 

The PDR states:
Management of Anxiety Disorders and Relief of Symptoms of Anxiety.   Depending upon severity of symptoms—2 mg to 10 mg, 2 to 4 times daily

We used Valium in the old days , but  doctors now prescribe Xanax, Ativan and Klonopin - because they are just so much more effective at lower doses for controlling anxiety and Anxiety/Panic attacks.

Valium has the advantage over other BZD - in that it has an additional advantage of being a very effective muscle relaxer in addition to being a good BZD.

Being a member here, I have found 3 great areas to help you
1.   Solid and helpful information and even a self-test quiz, VERY HELPFUL when I speak to my dr. - I would have printouts of my symptoms and self-quiz to help my doctor point me in the right directions - here are some great links to get you started :grinning-smiley-003:

SELF-DIAGNOSIS AND SELF-TESTS

http://www.anxietyzone.com/NIMHpanic.pdf - PANIC DISORDER + SELF-TEST

http://www.anxietyzone.com/NIMHgad.pdf  -  GAD anxiety + SELF-TEST

http://www.anxietyzone.com/NIMHdepwomenknows.pdf - DEPRESSION + SELF-TEST

http://www.anxietyzone.com/NIMHocd.pdf - OCD + SELF-TEST

2.   Many caring members and resources to help you in both Therapy – CBT, Positive thinking, and Medical Therapy – which medications are being used and our member’s experience in using them.  :sad0126:

3.   Chat – Being able to communicate with on another is so important in the healing and recovery process.  :chat:

Make yourself home, and feel free to post any questions you may have. 

Again, Welcome   :nature-smiley-016:

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Tags:

anything