Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Dizzy/Out of it for 3 months straight - Please Help  (Read 217 times)

Offline enkong3421

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Dizzy/Out of it for 3 months straight - Please Help
« on: August 18, 2014, 12:21:18 AM »
My story is a bit long. But it has really interfered with my life so any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

About 3 months ago I had a bit to much to drink and blacked out and I woke up not remembering a thing. I worried a bit that morning because I had a very bad hangover. The day after I still felt hungover, liked I had a slight bit of dizziness at all times. Next thing I knew a week later I felt this way. It then went away for about a week. I went back to the doctor for a follow up appointment just because I had to but before I knew it it had come back again! I have gotten blood tests done and had a brain MRI and everything is completely fine. The doctor initially thought I had vertigo but after going to my physical therapist he didn't feel that was my issue. I pretty much have diagnosed myself and assume that anxiety is triggering my constant dizziness. I have had about 2 weeks within this 3 month span where I pretty much forgot about it and it got better. My question to anyone on this forum is what is wrong with me? I feel almost out of it, dizzy, pretty much the symptoms of a hangover without the nausea. Some days are worse then others. I have noticed when I take xanax it is almost non existent. Im worried sick it won't go away and its so hard not to think about it because Its been something Ive dealt with for almost 3 months now and something like that doesnt just go out of your head instantly. If I am really focused on something or into something it goes away. Sometimes it has been so bad that I have to sit down. I feel like I am going crazy! Can anyone help reassure me or at least tell me there thoughts on what is going on with me. I have been to the doctor about 8 times. I was just prescribed lexapro but I'm not sure if it has started working yet being it is only the 5th day.
-Also this is a dizziness that stays with me all throughout the day. Not really in episodes.
Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline LO87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Dizzy/Out of it for 3 months straight - Please Help
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 01:43:07 AM »
Heavy drinking can really affect or bring on anxiety symptoms, but is it at all possible that your drink could have been spiked? Did you have blood tests after? Either way, this will pass. I had debilitating symptoms for a time as well abd learned that they passed with distraction. This is key. If it passes when distracted, it is only as real as you make it. I told myself that if it wasn't there when I was occupied, then it was a phantom and the less I thought/worried about it, the less it would bother me. Within a few weeks of discovering this my symptoms went completely. As soon as your dizziness comes on, get up and do something. Give it bo power. It will go. The fact that it passes with distraction is a sure sign that it's just anxiety :) it's a really common symptom. Doing this and some breathing exercises will really help you. Good luck and feel better!
Bookmark and Share

Offline enkong3421

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Dizzy/Out of it for 3 months straight - Please Help
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 10:32:34 AM »
Heavy drinking can really affect or bring on anxiety symptoms, but is it at all possible that your drink could have been spiked? Did you have blood tests after? Either way, this will pass. I had debilitating symptoms for a time as well abd learned that they passed with distraction. This is key. If it passes when distracted, it is only as real as you make it. I told myself that if it wasn't there when I was occupied, then it was a phantom and the less I thought/worried about it, the less it would bother me. Within a few weeks of discovering this my symptoms went completely. As soon as your dizziness comes on, get up and do something. Give it bo power. It will go. The fact that it passes with distraction is a sure sign that it's just anxiety :) it's a really common symptom. Doing this and some breathing exercises will really help you. Good luck and feel better!
Yes I have had all blood results and everything is normal. The drink was not spiked. I don't believe so at least. And yeah my problem is every time i start feeling dizzy which is a lot, I start thinking about it and worrying more and it makes it so much worse.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: