Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hard lump in inner thigh...sarcoma fears  (Read 184 times)

Offline sickofsickness

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hard lump in inner thigh...sarcoma fears
« on: August 17, 2014, 10:40:57 PM »
With the help of everyone here, I put my stomach cancer fear to bed. Unfortunately, last night I noticed a hard lump in my inner thigh. I didn't freak out initially, assuming it was just an ingrown hair or something, but it is REALLY hard, unlike anything I've ever felt. And now it feels bigger than it did last night. After Googling (I can't help it) I found that soft tissue sarcomas typically start in the thigh. So now of course I'm freaking out. I've never had anything like this before so I'm really scared.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bin_tenn

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hard lump in inner thigh...sarcoma fears
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 10:00:43 AM »
I have lipomas all over my body. Several in my right arm, several in my back, and several in my upper legs (mostly right leg). What are yours like? Do they cause pain or discomfort? Can you grab them and move them around a bit? Because that's typically a lipoma. I've read about STC's as well, and from what I can tell, they're typically seated fairly deep. And they'll grow larger fairly quickly, or at least with time. Mine have hardly changed at all in the 6 or so years that I've discovered them. Most of them can't be seen, but only felt. Look up lipomas, they're benign fatty tumors. I mean, I haven't had mine officially diagnosed, but the logical part of my brain believes it's safe to assume that that's what they are, because in 6 or so years, my health hasn't changed.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2jrts

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hard lump in inner thigh...sarcoma fears
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 06:57:19 AM »
I want to reply as I am just doing off a month+ long freak-out about sarcoma. I became so fixated on a bump in my thigh that I was constantly twisting to see it (and poke at it) that I hurt a bunch of muscles in my back, hip and leg. My suggestion is to go to your doctor - he can tell pretty much right away if it's something that needs to be followed up on. Take comfort in the fact that sarcomas are very rare. My doctor told me that if we felt our legs all the time we are bound to feel all sorts of bumps and lumps.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: