Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Worries about having a brain tumor. Please help me?  (Read 202 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline rosesRpretty

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Worries about having a brain tumor. Please help me?
« on: August 17, 2014, 09:51:43 PM »
I'm 18. I've been having headaches for a while now. Shooting pain headaches, headaches in the back of my head, sometimes in certain spots. I also get tiny muscle twitches in random parts of my body. Tiny ones. It's not like my whole leg or arm shakes. I also get them in my lower eye lids. I randomly got bad eyesight where I couldn't see far away and had to get glasses.

I have eyes full of cob web floaters. They never go away. I also can never stay asleep. I wake up at least a few times every night. Usually only sleeping at like 2 hours at a time. Sometimes I wake up with a small headache. I think even my memory is getting bad.

I'm stressed. I cry nearly every single day. Sometimes I wish I was never born. I can't get excited for college because I'm so worried about having this brain tumor. I'm so worried. I have a neurologist appointment next week. Also I get this cloud over my eyes where I have to blink a few times to get it away.

When I'm on a rollercoaster, I get unusually painful headaches and everyone else is fine. Sometimes when I bend down, I feel a little pain in my head.

No one understands my pain. No one cares for me and I feel no love and understanding from no one.

Please help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline eileendunhen

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Rec's: 0
  • Gender: Female
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worries about having a brain tumor. Please help me?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 11:45:09 PM »
Please calm down and take deep breathes first. off brain tumors rarely about headaches. Second brain tumors are extermely rare you have less then a 1% chance of developing one. Thats a 99% chance y i u dont have one. You should treat the real problem your anxiety. These things are just your mind playing tricks on you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sickofsickness

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 148
  • Rec's: 0
  • Gender: Female
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worries about having a brain tumor. Please help me?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 12:09:32 AM »
This was me in 2007. I had a headache everyday for three months, I developed floaters in my vision, and I couldn't sleep. Was convinced I had brain cancer. A CT scan later and...nothing. Keep in my that headaches typically aren't even the telltale sign of brain cancer, it's often seizures or some type of neurological deficit. I'm sure you're okay.
Bookmark and Share

Offline blueberries960

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Rec's: 0
  • Gender: Female
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worries about having a brain tumor. Please help me?
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 12:55:21 AM »
This was me 1 year ago. I had bad headaches in one spot.. horrible vertigo wich i still have.. ringing in one ear. Was convinced i had a brain tumor and  of course Google was my best friend he reassured me i had a brain tumor.. Here i am 1 year later alive and no brain tumor thanks to countless docters visits and mri n ct. I know its hard if you find you cant stop worrying pop in to the doc for a check up and tell him your concerns. But brain tumors are really rare. i am sure you are fine. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline rosesRpretty

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worries about having a brain tumor. Please help me?
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 01:25:26 AM »
I appreciate your input. This whole thing is just so scary for me. A girl I knew had brain cyst and she had to get it removed. She said she almost died. So that encouraged my anxiety. Can't the radiation from Mri give cancer?
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4398
  • Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worries about having a brain tumor. Please help me?
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 05:41:09 AM »
MRIs don't use radiation.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
10 Replies
26812 Views
Last post December 23, 2008, 12:36:25 AM
by tehil
3 Replies
2847 Views
Last post October 12, 2010, 05:57:03 PM
by worried_girl
5 Replies
1206 Views
Last post December 01, 2010, 11:58:52 AM
by sixpack
6 Replies
2088 Views
Last post December 15, 2010, 09:28:15 AM
by Marpi
6 Replies
920 Views
Last post January 04, 2011, 08:02:34 AM
by sixpack

anything