Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Tight Diaphragm Muscles Restricting Breathing  (Read 728 times)

Offline Breathless

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tight Diaphragm Muscles Restricting Breathing
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 04:16:47 PM »
If there is something wrong with me...I'm them most unlucky person on the planet when it comes to doctors  :spineyes:  :P
Bookmark and Share
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;the valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear; Seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come." Julius Caesar

Offline Tiffannyb123

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 11:10:05 PM »
Mr pa, what helps me the most is doing a deep stretching yoga called yin yoga. Since my anxiety has kept me from going to my yoga class the last couple of months, I use Leslie Fightmasters yin yoga class on YouTube at home.  It stretches a lot of the back muscles and does not get me out of breath at all.  I also sometimes have the burning back and the heating pad also helps me with that. Sometimes I get a sharp feeling in my back around my scapula and I put a tennis ball on the floor and lay myself on top of it. It feels soooooo good. I read a couple of anxiety/panic attack books that really helped too, along with therapy.
I wouldn't wish this feeling on my worst enemy (if I had one), so I hate to see so many people suffering with it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MR PA

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 08:02:10 AM »
Mr pa, what helps me the most is doing a deep stretching yoga called yin yoga. Since my anxiety has kept me from going to my yoga class the last couple of months, I use Leslie Fightmasters yin yoga class on YouTube at home.  It stretches a lot of the back muscles and does not get me out of breath at all.  I also sometimes have the burning back and the heating pad also helps me with that. Sometimes I get a sharp feeling in my back around my scapula and I put a tennis ball on the floor and lay myself on top of it. It feels soooooo good. I read a couple of anxiety/panic attack books that really helped too, along with therapy.
I wouldn't wish this feeling on my worst enemy (if I had one), so I hate to see so many people suffering with it.

thanks for the info
Bookmark and Share

Offline 1looneychick

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 02:54:50 AM »
I get this a lot too.  I read somewhere to breathe into a paper bag for about 30 seconds, it does help some.  I wish I knew the answer for this but that's all I got.  It is nerve-wracking
Bookmark and Share

Offline MeridianAD

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 06:01:08 AM »
With all that said I bought a pulse oximeter. My oxygen saturation is 98-99% even when I feel like I'm suffocating.

Does that make you feel any better?

I too have the same symptom. I always end up breathing in deeply and sighing every few minutes, much more often than other people I'm around, because I feel like I never get a deep breath.

There are some times when it just gets so bad that I'll convince myself that I must be suffocating, and I'm expecting that I'm going to faint at any moment from it. I also get lightheadedness, but I think that's actually from uncontrollably hyperventilating in response. A few times I've gotten a panic attack because of how scared I got from thinking I'm going to suffocate.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: