Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lower back discomfort - please HELP!!!  (Read 127 times)

Offline worry_wort007

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lower back discomfort - please HELP!!!
« on: August 17, 2014, 09:07:23 PM »
I am a 27 year old female in otherwise good health. For the past 1-2 weeks, I have been experiencing lower back pain (including the buttocks). It was mild to moderate. When lifting my right leg off the ground while sitting, it would irritate my lower back. Yesterday, I went swimming and had to use the stairs at an apartment building, so that's the only physical activity I did (mind you, I am out of shape - though I am still awesome). When I got home, I noticed a sharp pain in my lower back that comes and goes - but damn, it's sharp. I also noticed my hip is hurting as well, particualrly when I raise my leg or walk - and there's some discomfort on my knee too. Should I be worried that this is serious? I am truly concerned and need some peace of mind.
Bookmark and Share

Offline blueberries960

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lower back discomfort - please HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 01:12:55 AM »
Pinch siatic nerve maybe. I have had pain like that many times.. Many late night trips to the emergancy room . All of them turned up just to be a pinch nerve. Always sent me home with muscle relaxer pain meds and tell me to try heat and rest. Sharp pain everytime i would move in my lower back/ butt. Sometimes down in to one leg. i feel your pain...
Bookmark and Share

Offline worry_wort007

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 01:21:21 AM »
Should I be concerned that it's serious though? I feel anxious that it could be something bad.
Bookmark and Share

Offline blueberries960

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 01:29:32 AM »
i wouldnt just need some rest some advil if u can take and some heat. If it is really bothering you in a few days go in for a check up. Sounds to me like a pinched nerve tho. there pretty common. No need for worry.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: