Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New relationship....ahhhh!!  (Read 205 times)

Offline Wasaga222

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New relationship....ahhhh!!
« on: August 17, 2014, 07:54:21 PM »
Hello everyone!

First a little about me, I'm 32 years old and have suffered from GAD for as long as I can remember! Naturally, anxiety has affected many relationships in my life. I recently met a boy, and we had an amazing first date! Previously, I was pretty much single for 8 years, and then this boy caught my eye.  :yes:  Now that I am starting to hang out with him more, I find myself trying to find issues, and negative traits in him, and I am wondering if it's my anxiety's doing?
Also, we went to our first party last night, and I was so concerned what my friends would think of him! If they didn't laugh at a joke, or include him in a convo, immediately I wanted to runaway from him  :( I find since he's been in my life, my anxiety has been much worse, and I'm back to taking my atavin again to cope, and I don't like that. Maybe I am just better off single  :( Any similar stories or experiences? Thank you!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: New relationship....ahhhh!!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 06:41:34 AM »
You simply remember what the anxiety was like. You wonder ' can I keep a relationship going '. Meaning, will your anxiety be worse with a person in your life. So what do you do? You look for ways to justify you own questions. You are simply looking at things by way of saying ' yes, my anxiety is worse with him '. When really it is not. It is like you were used to been single. Not having to worry about a relationship. So it is all new to you. You just need to give it time. You deserve happiness in your life and he can give you that. We are all afraid to take those first steps again if we have not been in a relationship for a long thing. We look for things to be wrong. As if we question what we are doing. Is it right or is it wrong. Our minds will make it wrong if we look hard enough. So relax and enjoy the relationship.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Wasaga222

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 11:36:36 AM »
Thank you so much for your kind words. You certainly summed what I've been thinking and feeling. It would be so much easier to run away, but I can't keep doing that forever now can I? Thank you again!
Bookmark and Share

Offline BrookeAshley1

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • I may not know where I'm going but I'm on my way.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 10:32:20 PM »
I think you're feeling vulnerable and that can lead to an increase in anxiety. New relationships are hard because u open yourself up to getting hurt. I think it takes a lot of courage to do that. That feeling of wanting to run away is normal with anxiety because u want to avoid the bad feelings.

My advice is if this guy is special to you, face the anxiety and let time help u get passed it. At some point maybe even include him in it. I think its important couples share this stuff, not only does it help but its good to have open communication. Good luck :)
Bookmark and Share
Giving up is always an option, but it is never my choice.

Tags: