Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Short of breath when leaning back  (Read 160 times)

Offline Daxter

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Short of breath when leaning back
« on: August 17, 2014, 04:37:33 PM »
I found myself becoming short of breath the other day when I leaned back in a chair to watch a film. The same thing happened again today when I laid back on my bed to chat on the phone. I suddenly feel like I'm not taking in enough air, my head gets pins and needles/headache pain and I become slightly dizzy and tired. If I stand up or even slightly move forwards, it all goes away again.

This is very scary, especially because it never happens when I'm walking around, leaning forwards etc, but only when I lean back, meaning I can't relax. Any idea what could do this to me? I do have a lot of mucus in my throat and some trouble swallowing, if that contributes?
Bookmark and Share

Offline fishmanpa

• Rec's: 40
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Short of breath when leaning back
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 05:19:03 PM »
I do have a lot of mucus in my throat and some trouble swallowing, if that contributes?

Absolutely. When I was finished with treatment, I had gobs of mucous in my throat. I slept in a recliner for over a month for the same reason.

Positive thoughts OL ;)
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Offline Raaawr

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 05:23:49 PM »
I found myself becoming short of breath the other day when I leaned back in a chair to watch a film. The same thing happened again today when I laid back on my bed to chat on the phone. I suddenly feel like I'm not taking in enough air, my head gets pins and needles/headache pain and I become slightly dizzy and tired. If I stand up or even slightly move forwards, it all goes away again.

This is very scary, especially because it never happens when I'm walking around, leaning forwards etc, but only when I lean back, meaning I can't relax. Any idea what could do this to me? I do have a lot of mucus in my throat and some trouble swallowing, if that contributes?

I had this exactly problem. I went to my doctor with it.

She said; it is full on pure anxiety. Since I have begun to et a better handle on my anxiety in the last few weeks this feeling has completely disappeared.
Bookmark and Share
Since July 23rd 2014 I have had;
Brain Tumor, 5x Heart Attacks, 2x Blood clots in leg, 1 blood clot in Arm, 2x Appendicitis, Pulmonary Embolism, Brain Tumor, Internal Bleeding, Ebola.

Offline Daxter

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 03:36:30 AM »
I do have a lot of mucus in my throat and some trouble swallowing, if that contributes?

Absolutely. When I was finished with treatment, I had gobs of mucous in my throat. I slept in a recliner for over a month for the same reason.

Positive thoughts OL ;)

Sorry, do you mean treatment for stress?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: