Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feet going to sleep easily/more than usual?  (Read 370 times)

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 240
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feet going to sleep easily/more than usual?
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 07:44:09 AM »
Maybe I can't feel the pain cause my feet were too numb?
I've just woken up and I'm already worried about it happening. In fact one foot doesn't feel right already. Can I make the feeling happen myself by expecting it too happen?
My doctor puts everything down to anxiety with me I swear... Feels like he's rolling his eyes at me all the time ...

I am going to say and then I will bow out of posting:

your  posts are evidence as to why reassurance doesn't work with anxious mindsets.

your OP talks about how your feet going numb and is it normal.   You get posts telling you EXACTLY what you want to hear.  and it feels good for  AT LEAST a little bit.  then that good feeling goes away and you start looking for reasons your situation is different--your next hit..  next thing you know you are back to square one.  actually you are even lower than square one.  Huh? you say.  well, all of this reassurance seeking/monitoring/obsessing has just gotten your mind and body spinning faster---digging a deeper hole.

I told you in my first post of what happened to me.  I have limbs so asleep that I couldn't stand on them.  when they come back 'to life'  there is pain  with it.   Your anxious thinking comes back with some really outlandish "explanation" as to why yours is different.  Chloe, respectfully, if you heard someone else here post something similar, if you were a doctor with a patient telling you these things,   would  ::) be all that surprising ?

Finally---- I am also at a loss to understand  how limbs falling asleep has ANYTHING to do with a brain tumor?  I mean when does a tumor produce on/off motor symptoms?  If a brain tumor is big enough to cause numbing in one moment, how does the 'falling asleep'  go away later on?  does the tumor shrink or does it migrate somewhere else in your brain to cause a new symptom?     I know that is an outlandish statement.

btw-- my dad and sister had tumors, as you know.  they didn't have numb body parts.  their issue was the limbs-over time-- quit working.  it wasn't sometimes and it wasn't brought on by them being "afraid it will happen'

and, oops another finally  :winking0008: ,  I realize I have just posted another round of reassurance.  I always hope I have found THE bit of logic to get through long term.  I hope that this time, too.   I am ever the optimist.

anyway good luck and be well.  I shall now bow out from posting.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Chloe1990

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feet going to sleep easily/more than usual?
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 12:23:02 AM »
Yeah you did slightly reassure me there sixpack  :yes but your right it is that cycle again. Those slight seconds of comfort are bliss though!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: