Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feet going to sleep easily/more than usual?  (Read 197 times)

Offline Chloe1990

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feet going to sleep easily/more than usual?
« on: August 17, 2014, 03:06:26 PM »
Can anyone tell me wether this is normal or not...
My feet have been going to sleep more regularly than I've ever remembered.
I'm also experiencing what feels like the same in my fingers.
Can also add I'm coming off of Cutalopram 40mg cold turkey. It's been about a week. Could this cause these issues? I'm getting worried, thank you
Bookmark and Share

Offline marie204430

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feet going to sleep easily/more than usual?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 03:14:08 PM »
I'm unsure if the meds are causing it (they very well could) but I do know that when I was worried about brain diseases (specifically a brain tumor) I began to worry that my feet and arms were going to sleep more often as well. Now, idk if they truly were, or if it was solely anxiety, or if I was just paying more attention to it. But I do know that it went away after I moved onto a new disease (unfortunately couldn't just get over the brain tumor and get on with my life).
I've seen a lot of your posts and in no way do I think you have a brain tumor or anything. Like other people have told you, I can bet 100% that you don't because you are experiencing what many of us on here felt when we were afraid of the same thing and probably even less.
You're fine, I assure you :) I hope you feel better
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chloe1990

Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 03:22:29 PM »
Thanks Marie. In terrible for worrying about brain disease at the moment. It may be down to poor circulation but it's making me think the worst. I can't remember ever having it this bad, that's what's concerning me. Especially in my feet. I did read up withdrawal symptoms and it says numbness and tingling. Not sure if this can be classed as numbness though... It's so hard to judge cause I'm a worried mess
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 214
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 03:36:00 PM »
whenever i am stressed or in the past when I was living anxiously, I find/found body parts falling asleep fast.

I have even had it so bad when waking at night with a leg that it HURTS to stand and what is more, it was hard to walk.  I was barely able to put weight on it.  then once the feeling came back it would feel very odd and some what hurt.   this would last for easily an hour or so.  in the morning i could still notice a bit of shakiness.   this could happen several nights in a week.

once the stress or anxiety lifted  , body parts falling asleep seemed get better too.   i am not really sure how or why it works that way, but it does.  just one of those oddities off life.

happened with one of my kids too
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 03:44:17 PM »
Ill get that occasionally, lasts like a week or so before stopping. I wouldnt worry about it unless it gets worse or goes on for too long. (And even then I wouldnt worry about it, but you may want to get it checked out just to be sure) No idea what causes it though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chloe1990

Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 04:06:15 PM »
My limbs don't seem to hurt they just feel dead. It is my feet mainly but my hands feel the same now...
I'm hoping it's anxiety related or just a case of bad circulation... It got worse after I freaked out about my toes feeling weird earlier on today. It almost feels like my legs won't support me when I walk, though they do.  I can't get this brain Tumor fear out of my head, I feel like it's creeping up on me all the time. I have had an okay couple of days but this whole dead feet and hands thing is just too much :/
Lunatone I may force myself to go to the doctor..I'm the kind if person that steps in the room and before the doctor can open their mouth I'm in floods of tears about all the diseases I think I have, my surgery know me I swear :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline marie204430

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 04:16:42 PM »
I'm the same as you Chloe..honestly idk how I feel about the doctor. I try to trust them but then I don't believe their diagnosis, when I go in and they say I am okay though, I am ecstatic for a few minutes. But nowadays, I avoid going all together because like you, as soon as I enter the damn room (the waiting room is the worst) I begin to tremble, my heart rate and blood pressure shoot up and when the doctor asks why I'm in, I begin to stutter. Its awful..
I am sure you are fine Chloe. I really don't think you need to go to the doctor and as Sixpack and other members on here have said before, for hypochondriacs, going to the doctor again kind of just enables the cycle because most of us don't believe the doctor or that they missed something...
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 04:29:59 PM »
My limbs don't seem to hurt they just feel dead. It is my feet mainly but my hands feel the same now...
I'm hoping it's anxiety related or just a case of bad circulation... It got worse after I freaked out about my toes feeling weird earlier on today. It almost feels like my legs won't support me when I walk, though they do.  I can't get this brain Tumor fear out of my head, I feel like it's creeping up on me all the time. I have had an okay couple of days but this whole dead feet and hands thing is just too much :/
Lunatone I may force myself to go to the doctor..I'm the kind if person that steps in the room and before the doctor can open their mouth I'm in floods of tears about all the diseases I think I have, my surgery know me I swear :/

wow, I guess then what I experienced was more involved and worse with my limbs falling asleep and having pain associated with it.  Of course my issues were nothing horrendous.  being yours is less severe, yours can't be anything worse than mine.   of course that would be the logical assumption.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Chloe1990

Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 04:17:52 AM »
Maybe I can't feel the pain cause my feet were too numb?
I've just woken up and I'm already worried about it happening. In fact one foot doesn't feel right already. Can I make the feeling happen myself by expecting it too happen?
My doctor puts everything down to anxiety with me I swear... Feels like he's rolling his eyes at me all the time ...
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 06:16:50 AM »
heaven's to betsy!!!!  your anxious thinking really does come up with some wild stories to tell you.   B-;

chloe you cannot get better when you indulge this sort of thinking.

Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 07:44:09 AM »
Maybe I can't feel the pain cause my feet were too numb?
I've just woken up and I'm already worried about it happening. In fact one foot doesn't feel right already. Can I make the feeling happen myself by expecting it too happen?
My doctor puts everything down to anxiety with me I swear... Feels like he's rolling his eyes at me all the time ...

I am going to say and then I will bow out of posting:

your  posts are evidence as to why reassurance doesn't work with anxious mindsets.

your OP talks about how your feet going numb and is it normal.   You get posts telling you EXACTLY what you want to hear.  and it feels good for  AT LEAST a little bit.  then that good feeling goes away and you start looking for reasons your situation is different--your next hit..  next thing you know you are back to square one.  actually you are even lower than square one.  Huh? you say.  well, all of this reassurance seeking/monitoring/obsessing has just gotten your mind and body spinning faster---digging a deeper hole.

I told you in my first post of what happened to me.  I have limbs so asleep that I couldn't stand on them.  when they come back 'to life'  there is pain  with it.   Your anxious thinking comes back with some really outlandish "explanation" as to why yours is different.  Chloe, respectfully, if you heard someone else here post something similar, if you were a doctor with a patient telling you these things,   would  ::) be all that surprising ?

Finally---- I am also at a loss to understand  how limbs falling asleep has ANYTHING to do with a brain tumor?  I mean when does a tumor produce on/off motor symptoms?  If a brain tumor is big enough to cause numbing in one moment, how does the 'falling asleep'  go away later on?  does the tumor shrink or does it migrate somewhere else in your brain to cause a new symptom?     I know that is an outlandish statement.

btw-- my dad and sister had tumors, as you know.  they didn't have numb body parts.  their issue was the limbs-over time-- quit working.  it wasn't sometimes and it wasn't brought on by them being "afraid it will happen'

and, oops another finally  :winking0008: ,  I realize I have just posted another round of reassurance.  I always hope I have found THE bit of logic to get through long term.  I hope that this time, too.   I am ever the optimist.

anyway good luck and be well.  I shall now bow out from posting.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chloe1990

Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 12:23:02 AM »
Yeah you did slightly reassure me there sixpack  :yes but your right it is that cycle again. Those slight seconds of comfort are bliss though!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: