Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: High BP -- Kinda Worried  (Read 96 times)

Offline bin_tenn

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
High BP -- Kinda Worried
« on: August 17, 2014, 01:36:30 PM »
I just checked my BP in a store. At one of those machines. I've used them before and always had normal readings, but it's been many years since I did. Well, it was 146/93. Heart rate was a normal 98. We had beeb walking around the store grocery shopping and I was pushing the cart, with a 5yr child child and several groceries (it wasn't the lightest in weight).

Is it normal for BP to rise that high after activity? Or should the body normally be aable to keep it very regulated?
Bookmark and Share

Online fishmanpa

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: High BP -- Kinda Worried
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 01:58:06 PM »
Many factors are involved in BP interpretation.  It also depends on age, fitness level etc. Most likely this is due to exertion and nothing more. While that reading is just a bit on the high side, I wouldn't be too concerned. Try it again when you're not carrying groceries and a 5 year old ;)

Positive thoughts
Bookmark and Share
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings in your life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter!."  King Solomon.

Online HNDFL

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Never Give Up Never Back Down
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 02:13:55 PM »
Yes it is normal for BP to rise with activity especially anything including weights. One reading does not mean you have high BP. Don't be too worried. As others have said try again when not doing much activity.
Bookmark and Share
"An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up"-Proverbs 12:25

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."-John 14:27

Offline bin_tenn

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 02:17:07 PM »
I didn't really make the connection between the reading and the fact that I was physically active until after I posted. I looked it up and it's perfectly normal to go high after physical exertion. And having a 5yr old in the cart, I wad playing -- lifting the back of the cart with her weight and all. And while I don't just sit around doing nothing all day, I lack routine exercise and such. I'll keep an eye on it. But I believe that was the cause. I don't have any physical symptoms of routinely high BP, but I should probably watch it.  I'm 27, and with lack of regular exercise (which I plan to start), I believe I should be more aware than ignoring my health. Thank you both for the info. :-)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: