Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP  (Read 211 times)

Offline cameronj

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
PLEASE HELP
« on: August 17, 2014, 01:31:40 PM »
So I was making great progress with my HA and haven't been on this site in several days, but I'm pretty sure (80%) that I have a UTI. I woke up in the middle of the night to pee and didn't have a problem, but when I went to the bathroom this morning, I felt like I really had to go but I could barely get anything out and it burned really bad. I made the mistake of looking up "home remedies" which led me to possible causes of UTIs and I don't really thick I check off any of the so-called "causes." I haven't been sexually active lately and etc. I just finished taking a z-pack for a minor bronchial infection that I had. I'm really really really freaking out because I don't know how I ended up with a UTI. I don't have diabetes (starting to question it now), I don't think I have an enlarged prostate, and I thought that my immune system was extremely healthy. The only thing I can come up with is that holding my bladder and not drinking enough water on a 8 hour car trip could've caused it (I really had to go but we were stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for almost 2 hours)?!?!? I'm terrified that it's going to turn into a kidney infection
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chloe1990

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 02:35:32 PM »
You must go to your doctor, you will need antibiotics, if you leave it you can get a kidney infection, not trying to scare you but uti's are nasty little things and need medical attention
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chloe1990

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 02:37:06 PM »
It can be due to the kind of shower gel or soap you use when you wash down there too. That used to cause mine. I went through a phase of having a uti at least once every 2 months for a while. I changed my shower gel and it didn't come back
Bookmark and Share

Offline cameronj

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 03:52:08 PM »
Yeah I saw that if it lasts for more than 2 days then you're supposed to get medical treatment. I'm hoping I can get it to clear up on it's own, but I scheduled a doctors appointment for Tuesday just in case since that'll be two days
Bookmark and Share

Offline cameronj

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 03:57:01 PM »
How will I know if I've gotten rid or it? Will there just be no more pain? I drank a bunch of water and cranberry juice and ate a clove of garlic and the pain has completely disappeared but I'm obviously peeing nonstop now
Bookmark and Share

Online marie204430

• Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 04:18:00 PM »
UTIs are really no huge deal unless they are left untreated. You go to the doctor, they'll prescribe you some meds and you take them then its gone. That's all there is to it. Don't leave it and don't worry about it.
When its gone (mine has only gone away with medication but I've never waited around to see), I just didn't feel the burning or need to pee feeling anymore.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cameronj

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 04:23:11 PM »
Thank you Marie. Does it take a lot longer than 2 days for a UTI to develop into a full blown kidney infection? I'm really paranoid and don't know if waiting until Tuesday is too long or if I should go to the ER so I don't end up with a kidney infection. At least the Z-pack is in my system for another 9 days and even though it doesn't really treat UTIs, I'm sure it can help to a certain extent
Bookmark and Share

Offline cameronj

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 04:52:29 PM »
Do you think I'll be fine to wait until Tuesday or should I go to urgent care? There's only one urgent care place by me and it looks like the reviews are entirely mixed, so I don't want to waste money for lousy care
Bookmark and Share

Offline ryates80

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 04:56:42 PM »
I've had that happen before and it was not a uti. Are you having abdominal pain, back pain, fever, urine odor? If not then you probably don't have one. I'm also a nurse and I deal with patients with utis all the time. If it happens more frequently then get the doc to test your urine, otherwise don't worry. Kidney infections are extremely painful and you would know something was not right.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cameronj

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 05:05:21 PM »
I have some abdominal discomfort on the left side (like several inches up from my waist), minor minor back pain that comes and goes, I doubt I have a fever (although I don't have a thermometer), and there's not a foul odor from my urine. I drank a bunch of water and the burning sensation disappeared, but I was obviously going very frequently (this was several hours ago). The burning has come back to a certain extent (it's very minor now when it occurs), but I feel like I can't entirely empty my bladder. I can produce a lot of urine, but it still feels like I need to go some more. So do you think I should just go into the urgent care clinic instead of waiting until Tuesday???
Bookmark and Share

Offline cameronj

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 08:16:37 PM »
Well I just got back from urgent care and that was a complete waste of money. The doctor physically examined my bladder, kidneys, and etc, didn't have a fever, and everything was normal and then he decided to do urine tests just to be sure and that came back completely normal. He said that they could also culture it, but he thought it would be overkill (I agreed with him) since it was going to come back negative as well. He said that I probably passed a minor kidney stone and that's why I had the burning and pain this morning
Bookmark and Share

Online marie204430

• Mood: Sad
    Sad
  • Trying to stop this cycle
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 08:36:17 PM »
Damn, that sucks but at least you know that it wasn't anything bad. Hope you feel better!
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything