Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lexapro 10mg + Wellbutrin XL 150mg  (Read 152 times)

Offline Snoopy10

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lexapro 10mg + Wellbutrin XL 150mg
« on: August 17, 2014, 01:14:46 PM »
I am now officially back on 10mg Lexapro + Wellbutrin XL 150mg.  My obsessive thinking/rumination/anxiety is significantly diminished (pretty much unnoticeable) like before when I was on Lexapro 10mg and the sleepiness, food cravings, lethargy are back as well.  I have been on this combo for only a week (up from 5mg Lexapro and 100mg Wellbutrin IR which was my 'trial dose' of Wellbutrin).  Will the Wellbutrin XL start to combat the Lexapro side effects over time or will I need to go up in dosage?

I realize answering this question requires the use of a fortune teller but best guess is fine too  :happy0151:

Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 100
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lexapro 10mg + Wellbutrin XL 150mg
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 06:25:00 PM »
Will the Wellbutrin XL start to combat the Lexapro side effects over time or will I need to go up in dosage?

I realize answering this question requires the use of a fortune teller but best guess is fine too

Unfortunately, my crystal ball is in for its annual service so I can't give you a definitive answer, but there is a good chance that 100mg Wellbutrin will be enough. It's going to take a month or two to know for sure.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Snoopy10

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 04:27:07 PM »
Darn,  those crystal balls are always on the fritz.  Thanks for your best guess!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snoopy10

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 10:03:46 AM »
A quick update, it's been a few weeks and I am feeling much better. The food cravings seem to have diminished (well at least the scale has stabilized at a consistent number instead of going up and up). Initial insomnia is completely gone, I sleep fabulously.  Stable at .5 mg Klonopin at night and I am hoping to decrease that (I have a back injury right now which will heal so not putting pressure on myself for that right now).

Also drinking less alcohol. I can be a bit of a self-medicator . Also have a pretty stressful job.  Before my nightly glass of wine could turn into 3 very easily but the past few weeks, 1 or 2 is just great. I feel very in control of that which feels superb. (Please no attacks about me drinking please).  :P

Hopeful that this is the right med combo for me!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: